    Saw it in Jessops today at £198.90 (£248.90 with £50 off).

    So what's wrong with it?

    Marcus

    Marcus Fox, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Marcus Fox

    Peri Guest

    Marcus, I hope you get some answers to this post...I just bought one here in the
    states for $269 (yesterday). Haven't used it yet, but it seems to me that if
    you're NOT looking for customizable features, this is one good camera. The
    reviews I've been able to find all say the automatic settings produce
    exceptional quality images, it's very easy to use, and it's small enough and
    light enough.

    It takes SD or MMC cards, not very expensive XD ones, and uses rechargable AA
    batteries.

    Dunno. In case I missed something MAJOR, I can't imagine this being a bad deal.

    ~ Peri

    Peri, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Marcus Fox

    Mr Bear Guest

    I also read mostly good reviews about this camera. The only bad thing I
    heard again and again is the lens cap.

    Mr Bear, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Marcus Fox

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <wVHFb.366475$655.75921390
    @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    says...
    > Marcus, I hope you get some answers to this post...I just bought one here in the
    > states for $269 (yesterday). Haven't used it yet, but it seems to me that if
    > you're NOT looking for customizable features, this is one good camera. The
    > reviews I've been able to find all say the automatic settings produce
    > exceptional quality images, it's very easy to use, and it's small enough and
    > light enough.
    >
    > It takes SD or MMC cards, not very expensive XD ones, and uses rechargable AA
    > batteries.
    >
    > Dunno. In case I missed something MAJOR, I can't imagine this being a bad deal.
    >
    > ~ Peri

    I have been using a 4530 daily for a month, and I think
    its s damn fine pocket camera.

    The auto white-balance really works well.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    Larry Lynch, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Marcus Fox

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <u1IFb.17217$6b2.2393@edtnps84>,
    says...
    > I also read mostly good reviews about this camera. The only bad thing I
    > heard again and again is the lens cap.

    I dont understand the problem with the cap.

    If the camera is handled like a Camera instead of like a
    HAMMER the cap stays on.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery

    Larry Lynch, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Marcus Fox

    Marcus Fox Guest

    "Marcus Fox" <> wrote in
    message news:APEFb.8531$...
    > Saw it in Jessops today at £198.90 (£248.90 with £50 off).
    >
    > So what's wrong with it?
    >
    > Marcus

    Went into another digital camera shop (not a chain store like Jessops) later
    on, to compare prices, and the guy there told me he didn't stock Kodaks. I
    asked why, and he said they were plasticky and prone to faults, and if they
    got a fault they had to be sent to Belgium and then to other places to get
    repaired. He had the Canon A70 for £270 which he had nothing but good to say
    about it. He seemed very knowlegeable, but I don't know about the Kodak
    thing, I thought they were quite good.

    Marcus

    Marcus Fox, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Marcus Fox

    Charlie Guest

    Maybe he wanted to sell you the brands he did carry? Maybe Kodak won't let
    him sell their brand? I dunno.

    I do know we have 2 CX4230's (wife and I) both with Docking Station II's
    and they are reliable and feel very good and ergonomic in use. We enjoy
    hiking and mine is always in my hand ready for a shot. My model is very
    ergonomic.
    I knocked mine off the table by accident the other day and after I slipped
    the battery back in it still works fine.

    I have also gotten great service from Kodak over the phone. Also..what
    other brands of digi's have their reps in this ng answering and truly
    helping like Kodak does here? I think that is a pretty strong case for my
    family staying loyal to Kodak. If someday our CX4230's do not meet up to our
    needs we'll get the Kodak model that does. We are not digital photo
    purists..we do print 8x10's and they are so clear and sharp. We snap around
    500-1000 images a week. We do not use a 100x eye loupe though and bitch or
    moan about graininess or any other real world irrelevant factor. Our 2M
    Kodaks are fine for us so far.

    --

    Charlie in Mississippi
    (driftin' blues player and gospel picker)

    "Marcus Fox" <> wrote in
    message news:XzLFb.8797$...

    Charlie, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Marcus Fox

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Marcus Fox wrote:

    > "Marcus Fox" <> wrote in
    > message news:APEFb.8531$...
    >
    >>Saw it in Jessops today at £198.90 (£248.90 with £50 off).
    >>
    >>So what's wrong with it?
    >>
    >>Marcus

    > Went into another digital camera shop (not a chain store like Jessops) later
    > on, to compare prices, and the guy there told me he didn't stock Kodaks. I
    > asked why, and he said they were plasticky and prone to faults, and if they
    > got a fault they had to be sent to Belgium and then to other places to get
    > repaired. He had the Canon A70 for £270 which he had nothing but good to say
    > about it. He seemed very knowlegeable, but I don't know about the Kodak
    > thing, I thought they were quite good.
    >
    > Marcus

    First thing to know about retail shops. They sell what they HAVE in
    stock. Anything they don't carry is automatically crap.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 23, 2003