    TIA
    Lewis
    Email welcome. Return address works
    Lewis Foss, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Lewis Foss

    CSM1 Guest

    "Lewis Foss" <> wrote in message
    news:BB348B09.5A8A%...
    > My cameras count which was about 4600 reset (?itself) to 1 again.
    > How can I change this?
    > TIA
    > Lewis
    > Email welcome. Return address works

    I don't know if it will work for a Kodak camera.

    My Olympus C2040Z with the filename option set to "AUTO" will start the
    number sequence with the number of an image transferred from the computer to
    the smartmedia card. It has to be an original image from the camera, that
    is renamed to the correct number.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Lewis Foss

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Lewis,

    What are you trying to do? I may be able to help you. Let me know.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Lewis Foss

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Lewis,

    Was reviewing your issue and noted the following, it only applies to Kodak
    Digital Cameras that use the:

    1. DCIM folder, the 100KXXXX image file folder (where XXXX is the
    model number of the camera, e.g. 3400)
    2. DCP_YYYY.jpg image filename (where YYYY is a number from 0001 to
    9999) scheme for image organization within the camera (DC240, DC280, DC5000,
    DC3400, DC3200, DC4800).

    The question is - did you change anything in the DCIM folder? Did you make
    any changes to your system? Add something? Or, have any image files with
    9999 in the heading? One way you can change the number sequence follows,
    but this will only work with a Card Reader.

    1. Take at least one picture with the camera.
    2. Put the card in the reader and then in Windows Explorer
    3. Open the DCIM folder, open the 100KXXXX folder, rename the file so
    the filename is DCP_9999.jpg.
    4. Put the card back in the camera and take at least one more picture.
    5. The 9999 filename in the 100KXXXX folder will force the camera to
    create a new folder named 101KXXXX. The images in this folder will be
    numbered DCP_0001.jpg, DCP_0002.jpg and so on.
    6. Then put the card back in the reader, delete the folder 100KXXXX
    that had the 9999 image file in it and your image numbers will now be reset.
    NOTE This work around does not apply to any other Kodak digital
    cameras since they don't use the same image numbering logic as our latest
    digital cameras.

    Hope this helps.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak