    charlie Guest

    is there a way to get the full description of newsgroups where there a large number with the same abbreviation? i've seen a many as 12 with the same abbreviated description! do i have to open each one to find the one i'm looking for?
    thanks

    charlie, Aug 20, 2003

  2. charlie

    Boomer Guest

    charlie said:

    > is there a way to get the full description of newsgroups where
    > there a large number with the same abbreviation? i've seen a many
    > as 12 with the same abbreviated description! do i have to open
    > each one to find the one i'm looking for? thanks

    [snip e-mail address]
    [snip the HTML crap]

    Please post in plain text (HTML off) here.

    Munge your address unless you want spam in your mail box.

    ~ Munging ~
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    Tools> Accounts> News> Properties> General tab
    Change your account name in User Information.

    ~ Spambots ~
    http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail/botbait/makebait.asp
    ~ Harvesting ~
    http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcaselton/spam/harvesting.html
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    As for your question you might want to search here for what you are
    looking for. To find all the groups that may be talking about hotrods,
    just type in hotrods and click on the Google Search button. It will
    show the groups that have mentioned "hotrods" in them.

    http://www.google.com/grphp?

    HTH

    Boomer, Aug 20, 2003

  3. charlie

    trout Guest

    charlie wrote:

    > is there a way to get the full description of newsgroups where there
    > a large number with the same abbreviation? i've seen a many as 12
    > with the same abbreviated description! do i have to open each one to
    > find the one i'm looking for?
    > thanks

    Not always. But sometimes you can get more information on your
    newsgroups list by 'grabbing' the dividing line in the columns and
    moving it.
    --
    "Some list more information than others. Or none."

    trout, Aug 21, 2003
  4. charlie

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as charlie continued:

    > is there a way to get the full description of newsgroups where there
    > a large number with the same abbreviation? i've seen a many as 12
    > with the same abbreviated description! do i have to open each one to
    > find the one i'm looking for?
    > thanks

    Yes.
    --