    GraB Guest

    I see Knoppix 4 is out now. On the Knoppix website there is also a
    bootable DVD version coming out.

    GraB, Aug 13, 2005

  2. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > I see Knoppix 4 is out now. On the Knoppix website there is also a
    > bootable DVD version coming out.

    It's been available for a while now since Linux Tag in Germany. I got it
    via bittorrent a while back. The CD version isn't available yet -
    currently only the DVD version.

    Chris Hope, Aug 13, 2005

  3. GraB

    Chris Hope Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > I see Knoppix 4 is out now. On the Knoppix website there is also a
    > bootable DVD version coming out.

    They've just released it on their primary ftp server today and it's now
    available on Bittorrent for those that are interested. There still
    doesn't seem to be any sign yet of the CD version though, just the DVD.
    This DVD version is only about 3GB whereas the Linux Tag version I
    mentioned the other day was over 4GB.

    Chris Hope, Aug 17, 2005
  4. GraB

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:57:13 +1200, Chris Hope wrote:

    > GraB wrote:
    >
    >> I see Knoppix 4 is out now. On the Knoppix website there is also a
    >> bootable DVD version coming out.

    > They've just released it on their primary ftp server today and it's now
    > available on Bittorrent for those that are interested. There still doesn't
    > seem to be any sign yet of the CD version though, just the DVD. This DVD
    > version is only about 3GB whereas the Linux Tag version I mentioned the
    > other day was over 4GB.

    I had a chance to read the latest Linux Journal(I think) with an article
    on how knoppix manages to get 4 Gig of software onto a cd (650 MB)
    and ends up showing you how to roll your own
    Was fascinating (not that I will ever put theory into practice)

    Shane, Aug 17, 2005