Knode Kubuntu and Xface

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    For reasons only known to $deity, I decided to put an Xface onto my posts on
    usenet yesterday, as per the thread title I use
    $ knode --version
    Qt: 3.3.4
    KDE: 3.4.3
    KNode: 0.9.3
    on
    $ uname -mrs
    Linux 2.6.12-10-386 i686
    Kubuntu 5.10
    knode was installed via adept. I use knode because it has a plugin for
    kontact.
    When I loaded an xface into custom headers it would post the correct xface,
    until knode/kontact was closed and restarted, then it would post a cut down
    header
    Looking at ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/xheader I realised that newline
    characters had been added (by knode) and only the first 'line' of my xface
    was being sent. A simple fix is to remove the offending newline characters
    with a text editor (in ~/.kde/share/apps/knode/xheader)

    HTH

    Shane, Mar 18, 2006