    have
    the latest sad news. I considered getting the KM A200, as for those
    who bought into it, or their DSLR, you got the shaft.

    Bolshoy Huy, Jan 21, 2006

  2. "Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in
    news::

    > http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2006/0119_03_01.html
    >
    > I predicted this would happen when they shut down shop in Canada.
    > Once Canada goes, so is the U.S. next to follow I said; and thus we
    > have
    > the latest sad news. I considered getting the KM A200, as for those
    > who bought into it, or their DSLR, you got the shaft.

    My 7D still works flawlessly, Sony will repair it should that ever change.

    I still didn't have to buy a whole new bag full of lenses when I added the
    7D to my older Maxxums 14 months ago.

    And all those lenses are now image stabilized.

    If that's the worst shaft I ever get, I'm quite happy.

    Still very sorry to see Minolta leave the bidnizz, though...

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Harrington, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Bolshoy Huy

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Bolshoy Huy wrote:

    > http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2006/0119_03_01.html
    >
    > I predicted this would happen when they shut down shop in Canada.
    > Once Canada goes, so is the U.S. next to follow I said; and thus we
    > have
    > the latest sad news. I considered getting the KM A200, as for those
    > who bought into it, or their DSLR, you got the shaft.

    Only it's not exactly news anymore
    --
    Paul (Had a '28 Ford, had payments on that)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Bolshoy Huy

    Jasen Guest

    "Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in message
    > http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2006/0119_03_01.html
    >
    > I predicted this would happen when they shut down shop in Canada.
    > Once Canada goes, so is the U.S. next to follow I said; and thus we
    > have
    > the latest sad news. I considered getting the KM A200, as for those
    > who bought into it, or their DSLR, you got the shaft.

    Sort of shafted, but not really. Service is still in place, just under
    Sony's wing. The new range of DSLRs will probably be mostly akin to KM in
    design I predict as the team that developed the 7D will be brought across.
    Also, the lenses are probably going to change for the worse either, maybe
    even get Carl Zeiss glass. Sony wouldn't buy into it if it was to lose
    money.

    Jasen, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Bolshoy Huy

    Jasen Guest

    "Jasen" <> wrote in message

    > "Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in message
    >> http://konicaminolta.com/releases/2006/0119_03_01.html
    >>
    >> I predicted this would happen when they shut down shop in Canada.
    >> Once Canada goes, so is the U.S. next to follow I said; and thus we
    >> have
    >> the latest sad news. I considered getting the KM A200, as for those
    >> who bought into it, or their DSLR, you got the shaft.
    >>

    > Sort of shafted, but not really. Service is still in place, just under
    > Sony's wing. The new range of DSLRs will probably be mostly akin to KM in
    > design I predict as the team that developed the 7D will be brought across.
    > Also, the lenses are probably going to change for the worse either, maybe
    > even get Carl Zeiss glass. Sony wouldn't buy into it if it was to lose
    > money.

    typo - Lenses AREN'T going to get worse....

    Jasen, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Bolshoy Huy

    Bolshoy Huy Guest

    "My 7D still works flawlessly, Sony will repair it should that ever
    change."

    why did you choose to go with the 6mp KM?
    was it cheaper and better than Nikon or Canon?

    Bolshoy Huy, Jan 23, 2006
  7. Bolshoy Huy

    ASAAR Guest

    On 23 Jan 2006 08:10:45 -0800, Bolshoy Huy the troll trilled:

    >> "My 7D still works flawlessly, Sony will repair it should that ever
    >> change."

    > why did you choose to go with the 6mp KM?
    > was it cheaper and better than Nikon or Canon?

    An appropriate question might be "Why do you want to know?"
    Especially since Bob's message gave several good reasons, and they
    were visible without having to scroll his reply. Do you think he
    had more compelling reasons than already owning a "bag full" of
    Minolta lenses, and having them suddenly operate as if they were
    image stabilized? If someone were to give me comparable lenses
    today, I'd probably buy a 7D tomorrow, even though I tend to prefer
    Nikon's products.

    ASAAR, Jan 23, 2006
  8. "Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in

    > "My 7D still works flawlessly, Sony will repair it should that ever
    > change."
    >
    > why did you choose to go with the 6mp KM?
    > was it cheaper and better than Nikon or Canon?

    My primary reason was the bag full of Maxxum lenses I already owned, and the
    pleasant experience I've enjoyed over the last two decades of using Minolta
    SLRs.

    From results I've seen from Canon and Nikon DSLRs, They are also entirely
    decent cameras.

    Bob ^,,^