Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by BackToNormal, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. BackToNormal

    BackToNormal Guest

    Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
    bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.

    Ive come up with the following speakers

    Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX

    Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
    $1000

    The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
    distributor told me these have been solved

    cheers

    Dane
    --
    "People do not make decisions on facts, rather,
    how they feel about the facts" Robert Consedine

    BackToNormal, Nov 28, 2003

  2. On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, (BackToNormal)
    wrote:

    >Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
    >bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
    >
    >Ive come up with the following speakers
    >
    >Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
    >
    >Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
    >$1000
    >
    >The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
    >distributor told me these have been solved
    >
    >cheers
    >
    >Dane

    Save money and get the Logitech

    Gregory Parker, Nov 28, 2003

  3. BackToNormal

    BackToNormal Guest

    Gregory Parker <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, (BackToNormal)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
    > >bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
    > >
    > >Ive come up with the following speakers
    > >
    > >Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
    > >
    > >Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
    > >$1000
    > >
    > >The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
    > >distributor told me these have been solved
    > >
    > >cheers
    > >
    > >Dane

    > Save money and get the Logitech

    If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
    sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
    spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
    getting better reviews than the logitech

    thanks
    Dane

    BackToNormal, Nov 28, 2003
  4. On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 06:24:10 +1300, (BackToNormal)
    wrote:

    >Gregory Parker <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:31:43 +1300, (BackToNormal)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi, ive been looking at hi end speakers to go with an audigy 2. Due to a
    >> >bedroom setup only 5.1 needed.
    >> >
    >> >Ive come up with the following speakers
    >> >
    >> >Klipsch Promedia 5.1 or Creative Megaworks THX
    >> >
    >> >Anyone have one of these? recommendations for any other speakers? up to
    >> >$1000
    >> >
    >> >The early edition of the klipsch has some powersupply errors, but the
    >> >distributor told me these have been solved
    >> >
    >> >cheers
    >> >
    >> >Dane

    >> Save money and get the Logitech

    >If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
    >sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
    >spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
    >getting better reviews than the logitech
    >
    >thanks
    >Dane

    Read the Reviews they all can't be wrong..

    I looked into the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and Creative Megaworks THX but found
    that the price here is a boddy rip off, compared to the US price, but the
    Logitech is not..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 28, 2003
  5. BackToNormal

    samg Guest

    (BackToNormal) wrote in

    >> Save money and get the Logitech

    > If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
    > sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
    > spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
    > getting better reviews than the logitech
    >
    > thanks
    > Dane

    if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
    compare to the 680s.

    samg, Nov 29, 2003
  6. On 29 Nov 2003 23:25:01 +1300, samg <> wrote:

    > (BackToNormal) wrote in
    >

    >>> Save money and get the Logitech

    >> If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
    >> sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
    >> spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
    >> getting better reviews than the logitech
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> Dane

    >if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
    >compare to the 680s.

    Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
    used..

    Gregory Parker, Nov 29, 2003
  7. BackToNormal

    BackToNormal Guest

    Gregory Parker <> wrote:

    > On 29 Nov 2003 23:25:01 +1300, samg <> wrote:
    >
    > > (BackToNormal) wrote in

    > >> If your talking about the z-680 thx, Ive listened to them, and they
    > >> sounded yukky and boomy. They would be ok for games, but I dont mind
    > >> spending up to $1000. Haven't heard the promedias, but they seem to be
    > >> getting better reviews than the logitech
    > >>
    > >> thanks
    > >> Dane

    > >if you do get a chance to hear the promedias please let us know how they
    > >compare to the 680s.

    > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
    > used..

    I doubt the shop will let me take them home to test.
    I will be testing them next weekend
    :)

    Dane

    BackToNormal, Nov 29, 2003
  8. BackToNormal

    T.N.O. Guest

    Gregory Parker wrote:
    > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
    > used..

    OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

    T.N.O., Nov 29, 2003
  9. BackToNormal

    BackToNormal Guest

    T.N.O. <> wrote:

    > Gregory Parker wrote:
    > > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
    > > used..

    > OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

    Ive bought many pairs of speakers from a shop, never been disapointed
    yet :)
    Dane

    BackToNormal, Nov 29, 2003
  10. On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:48:23 +1300, (BackToNormal)
    wrote:

    >T.N.O. <> wrote:
    >
    >> Gregory Parker wrote:
    >> > Speakers can really only be tested in the home were they would be normally
    >> > used..

    >> OMG, second time in a week, I again agree with Roger.

    >Ive bought many pairs of speakers from a shop, never been disapointed
    >yet :)
    >Dane

    Here is a very good site to find tests on a range of PC Speaker systems

    http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/

    Gregory Parker, Nov 30, 2003
  11. BackToNormal

    BackToNormal Guest

    Gregory Parker <> wrote:

    > Read the Reviews they all can't be wrong..
    >
    > I looked into the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 and Creative Megaworks THX but found
    > that the price here is a boddy rip off, compared to the US price, but the
    > Logitech is not..

    Well, I ended up getting the klipsch :)
    They are incredible. They are hooked to an audigy 2 zs
    I used to run a denon 1802 and some missions which was great. But I love
    my computer setup way better :)

    Cheers
    Dane

    BackToNormal, Dec 25, 2003