    Any one know what's up.

    Message not to call help desk about it.

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    Ray Colvill, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Ray Colvill

    Shane Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:47:12 +1300, Ray Colvill wrote:

    > Been down since 11.30am.
    >
    > Any one know what's up.
    >
    > Message not to call help desk about it.

    No problems with it here on Xtra ADSL

    Shane, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Ray Colvill

    Ray Colvill Guest

    Still out in Timaru.

    Maybe the SI only

    Ray Colvill, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Ray Colvill

    Richard Guest

    Ray Colvill wrote:
    > Been down since 11.30am.
    >
    > Any one know what's up.
    >
    > Message not to call help desk about it.

    The sites working, not being a customer I cant login to see if that works

    Richard, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Ray Colvill wrote:
    > Been down since 11.30am.
    > Any one know what's up.
    > Message not to call help desk about it.

    it has been up and down for days,

    > Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector
    > The most powerful anti-spam software available.
    > http://mail.spaminspector.com

    heh, spamming an anti spam solution... nice.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Ray Colvill

    Tim Guest

    There is a front page article in The Press about it today.
    They basically say that internet banking is overloading things.

    Now, I don't believe anything I read straight away...

    Tim, Oct 6, 2005
  7. In article <di1pu8$dl9$>, "Tim" <>
    wrote:

    > There is a front page article in The Press about it today.
    > They basically say that internet banking is overloading things.
    >
    > Now, I don't believe anything I read straight away...

    It's down in a screaming heap at the moment.

    To quote:

    --
    Dibley
    (minimalist sig....oh damn!)

    Dibley Fanshaw, Oct 6, 2005
  8. Ray Colvill

    PAM. Guest

    "Dibley Fanshaw" <> wrote in message
    > > Kiwibank's Internet banking service is currently unavailable due to a
    > > technical issue. Our information technology team is working on the

    problem
    > > around the clock and has brought in external experts throughout the

    process
    > > to help investigate and resolve the problems as quickly and effectively

    as
    > > possible.
    > >
    > > Were committed to resolving this issue as soon as possible and will keep

    you
    > > informed.
    > >
    > > Please be assured that there has been no security breach and that no

    customer
    > > funds or transaction information are at risk. All other channels,

    including
    > > ATMs, EFTPOS and branches, continue to be available.

    My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue none
    the less, which could result in a breach.
    :)
    Maybe they set up the passwords for people just like Telecom did all those
    years ago when Xtra first started.

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 6, 2005
  9. PAM. wrote:
    > My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue none
    > the less, which could result in a breach.

    They said it wasn't security, and if it was, then it shouldn't have
    become availible over night(it seems fairly random when it is or isn't
    availible).

    Also the problem with this sort of issue(random downtime), is when you
    do re-enable it, word spreads quickly, and users jump on, and grind it
    to a halt, ring, complain, and often it gets taken back offline to get
    it fixed, when it was simply overloaded because of a huge spike in traffic.

    > Maybe they set up the passwords for people just like Telecom did all those
    > years ago when Xtra first started.

    not unless getting customers to choose their own is a bad thing(toungue
    firmly in cheek comment).

    --
    http://dave.net.nz - my site.
    http://www.dave.net.nz/csb/id37.htm <- Blog.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 6, 2005
  10. Ray Colvill

    PAM. Guest

    > PAM. wrote:
    > > My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue

    none
    > > the less, which could result in a breach.

    > They said it wasn't security, and if it was, then it shouldn't have
    > become availible over night(it seems fairly random when it is or isn't
    > availible).

    They said it wasn't a "security breach". I say it's a security issue. Not a
    breach. Something else.
    :)

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 6, 2005
  11. PAM. wrote:
    >>>My guess is a security issue. No breach as such, but a security issue
    >>> none
    >>>the less, which could result in a breach.

    >>They said it wasn't security, and if it was, then it shouldn't have
    >>become availible over night(it seems fairly random when it is or isn't
    >>availible).

    > They said it wasn't a "security breach". I say it's a security issue. Not a
    > breach. Something else.

    it doesn't make sense for them to bring it up during the night time and
    take it back down during the day if it was a security issue either.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 6, 2005
  12. Ray Colvill

    PAM. Guest

    > it doesn't make sense for them to bring it up during the night time and
    > take it back down during the day if it was a security issue either.

    True.

    PAM.

    PAM., Oct 6, 2005
  13. In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >PAM. wrote:
    >
    >> They said it wasn't a "security breach". I say it's a security issue. Not a
    >> breach. Something else.

    >it doesn't make sense for them to bring it up during the night time and
    >take it back down during the day if it was a security issue either.

    ....unless it involved vampires.

    No, not vampires--what type of creature prefers the daylight, but dies
    if any rays of the dark touch their skin?

    Eripmavs. That's it.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2005