Kiwi PyCon 2009, Christchurch, November 7-8

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by duffyd, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. duffyd

    duffyd Guest

    Hello,

    My name is Tim Knapp and I'm the Director of Kiwi PyCon 2009 due to be
    held in Christchurch on November 7-8 and I just wanted to let you all
    know about this event. Details below:

    To promote Python's use in New Zealand the NZ Python User Group
    (NZPUG)
    is holding the first Kiwi PyCon conference in Christchurch at the
    Canterbury Innovation Incubator on November 7th and 8th.

    The event will include talks highlighting how Python has been used in
    web and desktop applications, in the field of science and maths, in
    gaming and animation, and in various other fields. The main keynote
    speaker at Kiwi PyCon, Joel Burton, an internationally recognised
    trainer and presenter, will explain how Python is becoming the
    language
    of choice for developing websites. There will also be an unconference
    part of the event where delegates will be able to give short 5 minute
    presentations regarding how they've been able to benefit from Python.

    150 delegates are expected from across New Zealand and Australia.
    We've
    had 132 registrations thus far and registration closes on October 23rd
    so get in quick so you don't miss out. For more information visit
    http://nz.pycon.org.

    Thanks,
    Tim Knapp
    duffyd, Oct 15, 2009