    regards,
    Arshad
    , Jan 4, 2005

  2. C J Campbell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi i recenetly purchased a D70 w kit lens and a Nikkor 70 - 300 ED lens
    > .Some of my images show heavy vignetting in the corners at 27 in the
    > kit lens.Can i get over this using any camera settings..Will increasing
    > ISO help..?

    There is not much you can do about it. The Photoshop CS raw plug-in (not the
    Nikon capture plug-in) can adjust for vignetting.
    C J Campbell, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Tom Ellliott Guest

    Question: If the lens is 70-300 how do you get 27???
    Other than that if it is not specifically designed for digital then if I am
    not misteaken you will get slight vignetting because of the optics.

    Tom Ellliott, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Frank ess Guest

    Tom Ellliott wrote:
    > Question: If the lens is 70-300 how do you get 27???
    > Other than that if it is not specifically designed for digital then
    > if I am not misteaken you will get slight vignetting because of the
    > optics. <> wrote in message
    >> Hi i recenetly purchased a D70 w kit lens and a Nikkor 70 - 300 ED
    >> lens .Some of my images show heavy vignetting in the corners at 27
    >> in the
    >> kit lens.Can i get over this using any camera settings..Will
    >> increasing ISO help..?

    What is the zoom range of the kit lens, Arshad? 27 - ??

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Jan 4, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > Hi i recenetly purchased a D70 w kit lens and a Nikkor 70 - 300 ED
    > lens .Some of my images show heavy vignetting in the corners at 27 in
    > the kit lens.Can i get over this using any camera settings..Will
    > increasing ISO help..?
    >

    > regards,
    > Arshad

    What is the range of the kit lens? Does it have a lens hood or filter
    on it? I understand Nikon has had some complaints from users how have not
    known the correct way to mount their lens shades on some of their lenses.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Jan 4, 2005
  6. Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:30:33 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Frank ess"
    <> wrote:

    >What is the zoom range of the kit lens, Arshad? 27 - ??

    D70 kit lens is 18 -70mm.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Jan 4, 2005
  7. Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:47:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Joseph Meehan"
    <> wrote:

    > What is the range of the kit lens? Does it have a lens hood or filter
    >on it? I understand Nikon has had some complaints from users how have not
    >known the correct way to mount their lens shades on some of their lenses.

    18- 70mm. Also, if using the flash with the hood on even correctly you will
    see it's shadow in the top of the image.
    Ed Ruf, Jan 4, 2005
  8. bob Guest

    wrote in news:1104803045.236450.221310
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > .Some of my images show heavy vignetting in the corners at 27 in the
    > kit lens.Can i get over this using any camera settings..Will increasing
    > ISO help..?

    Smaller aperatures (bigger f/numbers) are less prone to vignetting.

    Bob
    bob, Jan 4, 2005