    It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?
    Would really like a modular PSU and 800w +, any suggestion?
    Many thanks
    Molecule, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    Edited

    Molecule, Sep 14, 2007

  3. Molecule

    Mitch Guest

    In article <8iuGi.6472$>, Molecule
    <> wrote:

    > Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
    > steer away from this well know company.
    > Good reviews on the net though.
    > It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?

    Efficiency means less of the incoming power is lost to heat and noise.
    Higher numbers are better, but you may not be able to get that detail
    from others.
    See if Kingwin says what they measured other PSUs to be.
    Mitch, Sep 14, 2007
  4. Molecule wrote:

    > Does anyone have this PSU? Building a system and was wondering if I should
    > steer away from this well know company.
    > Good reviews on the net though.
    > It says it is 70% efficent, what exactly do they mean?
    > Would really like a modular PSU and 800w +, any suggestion?
    > Many thanks

    70% effectiveness means, for every 100 watts input you'll get 70 out as
    current, the remainder as heat. Now, that probably only is valid for
    optimal load (maybe 70-90%), while otherwise the efficiency will decrease -
    to exactly 0 % without load, as an example.
    Efficiency is 0 % as well, when you are leaving your computer on for
    prolonged times without using it.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Sep 16, 2007