    Go to www.buy.com and then click on the "Today's Deals" (right side of their
    header). Heck of a deal for 1Gb so I got one as a backup card.

    Bob S.

    BobS, Sep 29, 2004

  2. BobS

    Bill Jackson Guest

    BobS wrote:
    > FYI
    >
    > Buy.com and Kingston have a $25 rebate offer that ends 30 Sept. Pay $83,
    > send in rebate for $25 and total cost for a 1Gb CF card is $58. This is the
    > standard card - not high speed. See the site for details.
    >
    > Go to www.buy.com and then click on the "Today's Deals" (right side of their
    > header). Heck of a deal for 1Gb so I got one as a backup card.
    >
    > Bob S.

    I have one, use it in my 10D regularly. This is a great deal for a 1G
    card! holds about 400 pics in JPEG best quality mode.

    Bill Jackson, Sep 29, 2004

  3. BobS wrote:
    > FYI
    >
    > Buy.com and Kingston have a $25 rebate offer that ends 30 Sept. Pay

    $83,
    > send in rebate for $25 and total cost for a 1Gb CF card is $58. This

    is the
    > standard card - not high speed. See the site for details.
    >
    > Go to www.buy.com and then click on the "Today's Deals" (right side

    of their
    > header). Heck of a deal for 1Gb so I got one as a backup card.

    Lexar 1GB is cheaper at $52.99 after rebates. Its listed on buy.com.

    Siddhartha Jain, Sep 29, 2004
  4. BobS

    BobS Guest

    Well actually......... the Kingston is less expensive. Today's price is
    $74.99 less the $25 rebate and no shipping = $49.99.

    I couldn't find the Lexar 1Gb you mentioned - must be well hidden.

    Still one day left on the $25 rebate and if Buy.com keeps lowering their
    price everyday ($83 yesterday, $75 today) final cost may be even better
    tomorrow....;-)

    I expect the CF prices on the CF cards to keep dropping since it appears
    most manufacturers are moving to the SD cards. So when you think they have
    hit their low cost point - buy what you'll need for awhile cause like all
    memory - the price is gonna go way up again as soon as it becomes scarce.

    Bob S.

    BobS, Sep 29, 2004
  5. BobS

    Bill Jackson Guest

    BobS wrote:

    > I expect the CF prices on the CF cards to keep dropping since it appears
    > most manufacturers are moving to the SD cards. So when you think they have
    > hit their low cost point - buy what you'll need for awhile cause like all
    > memory - the price is gonna go way up again as soon as it becomes scarce.
    >
    > Bob S.

    saw today on eCost.com the Lexar 1G CF card for $49 after rebate.

    this is getting insane...

    Bill Jackson, Sep 30, 2004