King Kong Extended Edition coming?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    Now if they include an edited down 90min version, i might buy it...
    (how much longer--and more boring--can they make it?!)

    -goro-

    from Digital Bits

    Just a day after we posted information about the possibility of an
    extended edition of The Chronicles of Narnia coming to DVD... we're now
    hearing that Peter Jackson and Universal may be planning a King Kong:
    Extended Edition as well. Arnaud Calistri, the editor of the French DVD
    news site DVDRama, e-mailed me yesterday to say that Universal France
    has just confirmed that a deluxe King Kong "box set edition" is being
    prepared for DVD release in November of this year, and that it will
    feature a new edit of the film itself. France will also be getting the
    same two editions the studio just announced for release here in the
    States on 3/28, but not until August. We're working with our own
    sources to try and confirm this, but it definitely seems like a
    possibility given Jackson's track record with his Lord of the Rings
    extended DVDs.
    Goro, Feb 15, 2006