    Kong" and "Mighty Joe Young" seperately from the tin box set.

    Jim Hollis
    Hurst, TX

    Jim Hollis, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Jim Hollis

    Jim Reid Guest

    There were still 3 or 4 copies left last night when I bought mine at
    the LBJ & Midway store in Dallas.

    Jim Reid, Nov 24, 2005

  3. Jim Hollis

    Scotsguy Guest

    These repro paper items are fun, but I think it's cheeky using that now well
    worn 'collectors set' logo on DVD sets. A true collector wouldn't want a
    repro.
    I have the 1959 Ben-Hur programme, plus about a dozen other programs from
    that time ('How The West Was Won' etc). In all cases, the original item
    isn't only larger, it had that 'buzz' of being from that period. I recall
    the 'Ten Commandments' one is more like a biblical threat than a pleasant
    preview of the film.

    Scotsguy, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Jim Hollis

    Gary Mack Guest

    Are the two docs, Son Of Kong and Mighty Joe Young all on the Best Buy version????

    GM

    Gary Mack, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Jim Hollis

    Martin Hart Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Are the two docs, Son Of Kong and Mighty Joe Young all on the Best Buy version????

    Best Buy offers the three films individually or together in the
    Collection. The discs are identical in all cases. The only thing
    different with the Best Buy package is that five additional very small
    poster reproductions were added.

    Best Buy did not have a large quantity of either the single or
    collection versions of the DVDs. I think they underestimated how popular
    the films are. And they'll be even more popular in a week or two when
    the new version is chopped into banjo picks.

    Marty

    Martin Hart, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Jim Hollis

    Gary Mack Guest

    So the two docs, I Am King Kong and Production 601 are BOTH included in the Best Buy Collection?

    GM
    "Martin Hart" <> wrote in message news:...
    In article <>,
    says...

    Gary Mack, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Jim Hollis

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > So the two docs, I Am King Kong and Production 601 are BOTH included in the Best Buy Collection?

    Yes. Here's the breakdown - it's a bit confusing.

    - 2-disc SE, contains the two docs.
    - "Collector's Edition" in tin case, contains the same 2-disc SE, but
    it's in a slipcase instead of a keepcase, plus a program repro and some
    postcards.
    - King Kong Collection, contains the 2-disc SE (NOT the tin-cased
    version), plus MIGHTY JOE YOUNG and SON OF KONG, in a boxed set
    - the Best Buy exclusive set, which contains the tin-cased "Collector's
    Edition", plus MIGHTY JOE YOUNG and SON OF KONG, in a slightly larger
    boxed set (really an open-topped box with a clear plastic cover) which
    includes five additional postcards different from those in the tin-cased
    CE.

    The Best Buy exclusive set is the way to go - it's not that much more
    than the "regular" boxed set. But the bottom line is that all the
    various sets contain the exact same 2-disc SE of KONG.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Dec 11, 2005
  8. I saw the Collector's Edition last week at Costco in Hillsboro, Oregon.

    Morgan Montague, Dec 11, 2005
  9. Jim Hollis

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    In article <>,
    "Morgan Montague" <CINERAMA (insert the meatball) comcast period net>
    wrote:

    > I saw the Collector's Edition last week at Costco in Hillsboro, Oregon.

    But was it in the tin case and did it have the other two movies with it?

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Dec 11, 2005
  10. Jim Hollis

    Jim Reid Guest

    >>> I saw the Collector's Edition last week at Costco in Hillsboro, Oregon.

    >>But was it in the tin case and did it have the other two movies with it?

    The set with the tin case and the other two movies is exclusive to Best
    Buy.

    Jim Reid, Dec 11, 2005
  11. I do not remember a tin, but I DO remember that it had the other 2 films
    with it and thought it was good deal.

    Morgan Montague, Dec 11, 2005
  12. Jim Hollis

    Apple68 Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:24:58 -0800, "Morgan Montague" <CINERAMA
    (insert the meatball) comcast period net> wrote:

    >I do not remember a tin, but I DO remember that it had the other 2 films
    >with it and thought it was good deal.
    >

    >"Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> "Morgan Montague" <CINERAMA (insert the meatball) comcast period net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I saw the Collector's Edition last week at Costco in Hillsboro, Oregon.
    >>>

    >> But was it in the tin case and did it have the other two movies with it?
    >>
    >> dick
    >>

    >>> "Dave Garrett" <> wrote in message

    The problem with the Best Buy one is that none of them have
    it......each store only got a few sets each....and they were gone
    QUICKLY. hmmmmm, sounds like a case of bait and switch to me. Oh, by
    the way....they had tons of each title available for purchase
    separately...at about 20 bucks each.

    Apple68, Dec 12, 2005
  13. Jim Hollis

    Jim Reid Guest

    The Best Buy near me had about 15 sets the night it was released. I was
    in there a few days ago and they still had 6 or 7 of them. Keep looking.

    Jim Reid, Dec 12, 2005
  14. Jim Hollis

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > The Best Buy near me had about 15 sets the night it was released. I was
    > in there a few days ago and they still had 6 or 7 of them. Keep looking.

    And be sure to ask them to check if they have any in the back if you
    don't see any on the shelves - the Best Buy I got mine at didn't have
    any on display the day it was released (or if they did, they were all
    sold before I got there), but they had 8 copies in the back.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Dec 12, 2005
  15. Jim Hollis

    Apple68 Guest

    On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:27:03 -0600, Dave Garrett <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >> The Best Buy near me had about 15 sets the night it was released. I was
    >> in there a few days ago and they still had 6 or 7 of them. Keep looking.

    >And be sure to ask them to check if they have any in the back if you
    >don't see any on the shelves - the Best Buy I got mine at didn't have
    >any on display the day it was released (or if they did, they were all
    >sold before I got there), but they had 8 copies in the back.
    >
    >Dave

    Want to hear something even funnier? It was about November 25th or so
    that I went looking for it....when I couldn't find it, I asked a
    salesperson if they could tell me when it was going to be released. I
    figured that maybe I had made a mistake about the 11/22 release date.
    The salesperson went to the store computer, and said "oh no, that's
    not being released until December 13th" I went home thinking I had
    made the mistake, only to find out when I got home....I had been
    correct.

    Apple68, Dec 12, 2005
  16. Jim Hollis

    Bratboy Guest

    Bratboy, Dec 12, 2005
  17. Jim Hollis

    Apple68 Guest

    On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:16:31 -0700, "Bratboy"
    <> wrote:

    >I just ordered my set online from BBuy right before release so that might be
    >an alternative.
    >http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7535955&type=product&id=1505115
    >shows it as usually shipping in 1 business day so guess in stock

    I already ordered a set from Deep Discount DVD. The regular 3 movie
    box set. I'm happy with that.....although I can't open it till
    Christmas dammit!
    Apple68

    Apple68, Dec 13, 2005