    For the free mail-in offer of the poster, which poster is it? Can
    anyone provide a link to the image or describe it?

    , Nov 22, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For the free mail-in offer of the poster, which poster is it? Can
    > anyone provide a link to the image or describe it?

    Well, for one thing, the _Free_ 27" x 40" poster costs $3.25 for shipping
    and handling. Next, you will need to deface your outer cardboard DVD cover
    sleeve by cutting out the UPC label.

    The poster is exactly the same as the cover art depicted on both the special
    edition and the collector's edition DVD cases.

    Take out the Two-Disk Collector's Edition wording along with the DVD logo in
    the lower right hand corner and the poster looks exactly like this:

    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99364469507794&item_id=742136&tab=5

    Oh, by the way, you must wait 8 to 10 weeks for the poster to arrive and
    Warner may substitute a different poster which may or may not be Kong
    related. Or they may decide you didn't _strictly_ comply with the offer and
    throw your poster submission in the trash.

    One-Shot Scot, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Bratboy Guest

    Pretty standard operating proceedure to charge the shipping. Same sort of
    fee was charged to get the 3 LotR movies keepcase. As for 6-8 weeks thats
    really pretty common as well. Many times, in those situations, Ive gotten
    whatever the goodie was in much less time but if companies dont use the
    disclaimer then someone will surely call 2 days after sending in for it
    screaming "Where's my Poster", hehe. Oh and as far as the cardboard sleeve I
    have found very very few that say something important other than same info
    as on the keepcase. I do save the slips in case I decide to sell something
    but otherwise I store then in a box. They seem slim but actually they take
    up space unnessisarily. Try an experiment....take off some of the sleeves
    and stack em together flat. Then can see how much space a cpl slips can eat
    up

    Bratboy, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks!

    , Nov 23, 2005
  5. jayembee Guest

    "One-Shot Scot" <> wrote:

    > Well, for one thing, the _Free_ 27" x 40" poster costs $3.25 for shipping
    > and handling.

    Why is this worth mentioning? I've yet to come across a "free" offer
    that didn't require money to be sent for P&H.

    > Next, you will need to deface your outer cardboard DVD cover
    > sleeve by cutting out the UPC label.

    If you have the "collectible tin" edition, you can use the paper repro of
    the back of the slipcase that was attached to the back of the tin. The
    UPC is exactly the same as on the cardboard slipcase.

    > Oh, by the way, you must wait 8 to 10 weeks for the poster to arrive

    Pretty standard.

    > and Warner may substitute a different poster which may or may not
    > be Kong related. Or they may decide you didn't _strictly_ comply
    > with the offer and throw your poster submission in the trash.

    Standard legal mumbo-jumbo.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 23, 2005