    it.

    TIA

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Dan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session of
    > FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a new
    > session or to go to the page that was active when the previous session
    > closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there I missed
    > it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Could be wrong but that sounds like the action of an extension. Which
    ones do you have installed?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Dan wrote:
    >> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session
    >> of FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a
    >> new session or to go to the page that was active when the previous
    >> session closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there
    >> I missed it.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Could be wrong but that sounds like the action of an extension. Which
    > ones do you have installed?

    Thanks for the reply. In terms of extensions, nothing I haven't run before:
    Ad block plus 0.7.0.1, Answers 2.1.15, BugMeNot 1.3, IE View Lite 1.2, Image
    Zoom 0.2.7 & Mouse gestures 1.5.2. Also had something called "Dom Inspector
    which I could have sworn I told it not to install. Killed that, rebooted,
    still the sessions thing. It says (and I quote) "Your last Firefox session
    closed unexpectedly. You can restore the tabs and windows from your
    previous session, or start a new session if you think the problem is related
    to a page you were viewing". The "unexpected problem" is just shutting the
    pc down. This is a pain, it won't open FF till I click. Never had this
    1.5.whateveritwas. How to kill?!?

    Thanks

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 31, 2006
  4. On 10/30/2006 07:36 PM, Dan wrote:
    > Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session of
    > FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a new
    > session or to go to the page that was active when the previous session
    > closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there I missed
    > it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dan

    Set "browser.sessionstore.enabled" to "false" in about:config.

    http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=...onstore.enabled&d=VNPrSZIFNrDP&icp=1&.intl=us

    Mumia W. (reading news), Oct 31, 2006
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    "Mumia W. (reading news)" <> wrote in
    message news:pgz1h.86$...
    > On 10/30/2006 07:36 PM, Dan wrote:
    >> Everytime I start my pc, I get this dialogue telling me the last session
    >> of FF was closed unexpectedly (or works to that effect) and do I want a
    >> new session or to go to the page that was active when the previous
    >> session closed. Any way to kill this? Looked in settings, if it's there
    >> I missed it.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Set "browser.sessionstore.enabled" to "false" in about:config.
    >
    > http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?p=...onstore.enabled&d=VNPrSZIFNrDP&icp=1&.intl=us

    Thanks Mumia, looks like just what the doctor ordered. I added the key,
    we'll see what happens when I restart again.

    Dan, Oct 31, 2006
  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Finally got rid of this bloddy thing. Had to add or set the following
    strings:

    browser.startup.page to 1
    browser.sessionstore.enabled to TRUE
    browser.sessionstore.resume_session to FALSE

    Tried just setting browser.sessionstore.enabled to FALSE, didn't work.

    So far, so good ;-)

    Thanks for the input

    Dan

    Dan, Oct 31, 2006