    replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    the first place.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Crains, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Crains

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:04:43 +1300, Crains <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to setup to kill a certain author in Agent and
    >also automatically kill any replies to that author's posts?
    >
    >The kill file works great but its quite annoying to have to go through
    >replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    >the first place.
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.

    It is easy enough to killfile an author: right-click on the post, go
    down to Filters then across to Add Kill Filter.

    I wouldn't know how to kill replies to that author though, if it is
    possible.

    GraB, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Crains

    Shane Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:04:43 +1300, Crains <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to setup to kill a certain author in Agent and
    >>also automatically kill any replies to that author's posts?
    >>
    >>The kill file works great but its quite annoying to have to go through
    >>replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    >>the first place.
    >>
    >>Any help is appreciated.

    > It is easy enough to killfile an author: right-click on the post, go
    > down to Filters then across to Add Kill Filter.
    >
    > I wouldn't know how to kill replies to that author though, if it is
    > possible.

    kill the thread?

    Shane, Mar 2, 2006
  4. Crains

    Crains Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:24:04 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:04:43 +1300, Crains <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know how to setup to kill a certain author in Agent and
    >>>also automatically kill any replies to that author's posts?
    >>>
    >>>The kill file works great but its quite annoying to have to go through
    >>>replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    >>>the first place.
    >>>
    >>>Any help is appreciated.

    >> It is easy enough to killfile an author: right-click on the post, go
    >> down to Filters then across to Add Kill Filter.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't know how to kill replies to that author though, if it is
    >> possible.

    >kill the thread?

    Thanks guys but I know how to kill an author but I want to be able to
    kill all replies to that authors posts (from their post onwards in
    that branch of the tree, hope that makes sense), not necessarily kill
    the entire thread. I'm not sure if this is even possible.

    Crains, Mar 2, 2006
  5. Crains

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > Does anyone know how to setup to kill a certain author in Agent and
    > also automatically kill any replies to that author's posts?
    >
    > The kill file works great but its quite annoying to have to go through
    > replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    > the first place.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Rules

    Rob J, Mar 2, 2006
  6. In article <>, lid
    says...

    > Thanks guys but I know how to kill an author but I want to be able to
    > kill all replies to that authors posts (from their post onwards in
    > that branch of the tree, hope that makes sense), not necessarily kill
    > the entire thread. I'm not sure if this is even possible.

    It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many times but
    I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface as of January this
    year (last time I tried it).

    What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending message,
    then check that message ID against the *references* header in the incoming
    messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.

    I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
    implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process. Maybe you can
    do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.

    h.t.h. -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Mar 2, 2006
  7. Crains

    Brendan Guest

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:04:43 +1300, Crains wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to setup to kill a certain author in Agent and
    > also automatically kill any replies to that author's posts?
    >
    > The kill file works great but its quite annoying to have to go through
    > replies when I don't care about what the original poster had to say in
    > the first place.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Agent will not do this.

    But Dialog, a clone of agent superior to agent in every way, will. Just
    program it as a filter.

    I use the same thing to colour all replies to my messages differently; it'd
    be simple to change that to a 'mark-read' instead.

    Dialog is free.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #412248 +(4372)- [X]

    <Locl-Yocl> I helped the EMTs at a car wreck and got blood all over my arms
    and shirt. It looked like I murdered 20 people with a fork... anyway, I
    walked into a convieniance store down the street and said my girlfriend
    needs a tampon. The guy at the counter was mortified.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/03/2006 2:16:05 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 2, 2006
  8. Crains

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:48:08 +1300, Brendan wrote:

    > Dialog is free.

    In a demmocray, I do hope so. ;-)

    Gordon, Mar 3, 2006
  9. Crains

    David Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:48:08 +1300, Brendan wrote:
    >
    >> Dialog is free.

    > In a demmocray, I do hope so. ;-)

    Wouldn't that be 'dialogue'?

    David, Mar 3, 2006
  10. Crains

    Crains Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > lid says...
    >>
    >> Thanks guys but I know how to kill an author but I want to be able to
    >> kill all replies to that authors posts (from their post onwards in
    >> that branch of the tree, hope that makes sense), not necessarily kill
    >> the entire thread. I'm not sure if this is even possible.
    >>

    > It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many
    > times but I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface
    > as of January this year (last time I tried it).
    >
    > What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending
    > message, then check that message ID against the *references* header
    > in the incoming messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.
    >
    > I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
    > implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process.
    > Maybe you can do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.
    >
    > h.t.h. -Peter

    Thanks i'll give that a try

    Crains, Mar 4, 2006
  11. Crains

    RJ Guest

    In article <duba98$u8f$>, lid says...
    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > lid says...
    > >>
    > >> Thanks guys but I know how to kill an author but I want to be able to
    > >> kill all replies to that authors posts (from their post onwards in
    > >> that branch of the tree, hope that makes sense), not necessarily kill
    > >> the entire thread. I'm not sure if this is even possible.
    > >>

    > > It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many
    > > times but I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface
    > > as of January this year (last time I tried it).
    > >
    > > What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending
    > > message, then check that message ID against the *references* header
    > > in the incoming messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.
    > >
    > > I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
    > > implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process.
    > > Maybe you can do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.
    > >
    > > h.t.h. -Peter

    > Thanks i'll give that a try

    Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
    Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

    RJ, Mar 4, 2006
  12. Crains

    Crains Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:26:37 +1300, RJ <> wrote:

    >In article <duba98$u8f$>, lid says...
    >> Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> > In article <>,
    >> > lid says...

    >> > It is _possible_. I unfortunately am no expert on Agent, I tried many
    >> > times but I just don't like that newsreader, even with the interface
    >> > as of January this year (last time I tried it).
    >> >
    >> > What you will have to do is, get the *message ID* of the offending
    >> > message, then check that message ID against the *references* header
    >> > in the incoming messages and set to 'ignore' where applicable.
    >> >
    >> > I can do this easily manually in Gravity, but I haven't ever looked at
    >> > implementing some sort of macro that would automate this process.
    >> > Maybe you can do that in Agent, I don't know if it has custom macros.
    >> >
    >> > h.t.h. -Peter

    >> Thanks i'll give that a try

    >Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
    >Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

    Yup wil try both. I had always thought Agent was the best news reader
    around so decided to give it a try. But will try out both Dialog and
    Gravity as well.

    Crains, Mar 4, 2006
  13. Crains

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:26:37 +1300, RJ wrote:

    > Gravity doesn't have anything automatic ofthat nature.
    > Something like 40tude Dialog which is very customisable just might.

    It does.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #202477 +(3818)- [X]

    (Mootar) morons.
    (Mootar) these people who live in my apartment complex are connected to my
    wireless
    (Mootar) they must think they're super-cool hackers by breaking into my
    completely unsecure network
    (Mootar) unfortunatly, the connection works both ways
    (Mootar) long story short, they now have loads of horse porn on their
    computer

    Note: All my comments are copyright 4/03/2006 7:57:46 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 4, 2006