    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I just downloaded KillDisk, anyone how the hell I use it?

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Yes, but how the hell to you open the program. ;-)

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    HF Guest

    Kill Disk overview :

    Active@ KillDisk is hard and floppy drives If you use FDISK, FORMAT
    utilities, or DELETE standard operating system command for data removal,
    there is always a chance to recover them and use against owner's will. We
    highly recommend you to run this FREE utility for the hard and floppy drives
    you want to dispose of, recycle, re-use, sell or donate to somebody.

    Active@ KillDisk conforms to US Department of Defense clearing and
    sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M. You can be sure that once you clean up
    with Active@ KillDisk, sensitive information is purged out forever.

    Important :

    This is security software for unrecoverable data elimination for any
    computer capable of booting in DOS mode from floppy drive. It uses access to
    the drive's data on a physical level via BIOS bypassing logical drive
    structure organization, thus it does not matter operating systems and file
    systems located on the machine, it can be DOS, Windows 95 / 98, Windows NT /
    2000 / XP, Linux, Unix for PC.

    For safety measures KillDisk includes several confirmation dialogs.
    Various command line switches are available.

    Proceed with caution

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just downloaded KillDisk, anyone how the hell I use it?
    >
    > LJ

    ---

    HF, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Thor Guest

    It's run from bootable floppy or CD, and the program is run by command line.
    Download the user manual here.

    http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm

    Thor, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones