    reasons - including red tape :-(

    Thanks in advance

    , Mar 9, 2005

  2. Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Howdy Guys,
    >
    > Could some one kindly tell me how to kill a process in CatOS. ??
    > A CDP process is chewing memory (42mb) and i need to kill it.
    > no CDP run - has been entered into the config, this stopped the CDP
    > process using more memory, but failed to remove the process.
    > Unfortunately this bug exists on multiple switches in a corporate that
    > is not willing to migrate to a later version of CatOS - for various
    > reasons - including red tape :-(
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Not really sure that 3550 runs CatOS (but who knows). About killing the
    process: you can't really kill the proces like in unix. You'll have to
    reload the switch, but if this is a memory leak bug, it will eventually
    make problems again. So, you could request fix in version you're
    running. If your company is big enough (has/will buy a lot of equipment
    from cisco) they will probably do that to you.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Mar 9, 2005