    with thunderbird?

    thanx.
    Erlend Nilssen.

    Erlend Nilssen, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Erlend Nilssen

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 05/01/2005 20:30, Erlend Nilssen said the following:
    > Hello group.
    >
    > I am a relatively new user of Mozilla's products and I am already a fan.
    > they are fast, secure and funtional. I have a question though. In my old
    > newsreader there was a killfilter/ignore user filter. How do I make one
    > with thunderbird?
    >
    > thanx.
    > Erlend Nilssen.

    Right click on the From e-mail and make filter.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Erlend Nilssen

    mcp6453 Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 05/01/2005 20:30, Erlend Nilssen said the following:
    >
    >> Hello group.
    >>
    >> I am a relatively new user of Mozilla's products and I am already a
    >> fan. they are fast, secure and funtional. I have a question though. In
    >> my old newsreader there was a killfilter/ignore user filter. How do I
    >> make one with thunderbird?
    >>
    >> thanx.
    >> Erlend Nilssen.

    > Right click on the From e-mail and make filter.

    I have done this on several occasions with the filter set to delete the
    message, but it is not working. Something is not correct. What are the
    settings to cause a poster's message to not appear at all?

    mcp6453, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Erlend Nilssen

    Tony Raven Guest

    mcp6453 wrote:

    > I have done this on several occasions with the filter set to delete the
    > message, but it is not working. Something is not correct. What are the
    > settings to cause a poster's message to not appear at all?

    My experience is the Create Filter from Message function does not
    function. You have to go into Message Filters under Tools and set it up
    there manually.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Erlend Nilssen

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *mcp6453* wrote:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >> On this day, 05/01/2005 20:30, Erlend Nilssen said the following:
    >>
    >>> Hello group.
    >>>
    >>> I am a relatively new user of Mozilla's products and I am already a
    >>> fan. they are fast, secure and funtional. I have a question though. In
    >>> my old newsreader there was a killfilter/ignore user filter. How do I
    >>> make one with thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> thanx.
    >>> Erlend Nilssen.

    >> Right click on the From e-mail and make filter.
    >>

    > I have done this on several occasions with the filter set to delete the
    > message, but it is not working. Something is not correct. What are the
    > settings to cause a poster's message to not appear at all?

    My experience on at least Mozilla Suit is, that creating a filter from
    a message that's allready downloaded don't delete the message in
    question. But no further messages e.g. from the same sender, is not
    downloaded.

    --
    /Arne
    http://web.telia.com/~u97802964/

    The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything and the
    young know everything. (Oscar Wilde)

    Arne, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Tony Raven wrote:
    > mcp6453 wrote:
    >

    >> I have done this on several occasions with the filter set to delete
    >> the message, but it is not working. Something is not correct. What are
    >> the settings to cause a poster's message to not appear at all?

    > My experience is the Create Filter from Message function does not
    > function. You have to go into Message Filters under Tools and set it up
    > there manually.
    >
    > Tony

    I tried that now, let's see what happens. I had the option to
    make a filter for the news server and not only for a single newsgroup.
    crossing my fingers.

    Erlend Nilssen.

    Erlend Nilssen, Jan 6, 2005