KILL BILL VOLUME 1 - WHEN???

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Joseph S. Powell, III

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    >Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to DVD
    release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release "Volume
    I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the "Matrix"
    sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on DVD
    for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Del March Guest

    << >Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    >Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to DVD
    release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release "Volume
    I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the "Matrix"
    sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on DVD
    for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan. >><BR><BR>

    Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two Volume Box
    Set comes out. Or perhaps even the Original Extended Double Disc Director's
    Cut.

    Del March, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Kram Sacul Guest

    mbleek (CLOSEDOWN8) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    > >Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    > Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to DVD
    > release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release "Volume
    > I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the "Matrix"
    > sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on DVD
    > for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    > Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan.

    I remember it used take a lot longer in the olden days (10+ years ago)
    for a movie to come to home video. Sometimes over a year for some
    titles i think. Now it's out in theaters for a few weeks before it
    disappears and re-emerges on a video store shelf a few months later.
    Depressing.

    Kram Sacul, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Justin Guest

    Kram Sacul wrote on [15 Oct 2003 07:09:09 -0700]:
    > I remember it used take a lot longer in the olden days (10+ years ago)
    > for a movie to come to home video. Sometimes over a year for some
    > titles i think. Now it's out in theaters for a few weeks before it
    > disappears and re-emerges on a video store shelf a few months later.
    > Depressing.

    Very!

    Yes, I remember when it took a couple of years for movies to make it to
    video

    Justin, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Del March wrote:

    > << >Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    >
    >>Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    > Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to DVD
    > release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release "Volume
    > I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the "Matrix"
    > sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on DVD
    > for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    > Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two Volume Box
    > Set comes out.

    That's my plan.
    Or perhaps even the Original Extended Double Disc Director's
    I wouldn't plan on an extended version. In Pulp Fiction: Collector's
    Edition, Quentin mentions in his prologue to the deleted scenes that
    when he makes a movie, the theatre version is the one he wants to be
    released. There might be some deleted scenes, but he wanted them gone
    in the first place or else they'd be in the film.

    Adios,
    ~Nick

    Nicholas Andrade, Oct 15, 2003
  7. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Tarkus Guest

    On 15 Oct 2003 07:29:24 GMT, Del March wrote:

    > Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two
    > Volume Box Set comes out. Or perhaps even the Original Extended
    > Double Disc Director's Cut.

    Or perhaps the HD-DVD? Or perhaps when they put it on a chip? Isn't it
    more stupid to wait endlessly for the ultimate release of something you
    can be enjoying right now?
    --
    "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What
    if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the

    Now playing: "UFO - Love To Love"

    Tarkus, Oct 15, 2003
  8. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Tarkus Guest

    On 15 Oct 2003 07:09:09 -0700, Kram Sacul wrote:

    > I remember it used take a lot longer in the olden days (10+ years ago)
    > for a movie to come to home video. Sometimes over a year for some
    > titles i think. Now it's out in theaters for a few weeks before it
    > disappears and re-emerges on a video store shelf a few months later.
    > Depressing.

    Why is that depressing?
    --
    "Time is not important, only life is important"

    Now playing: "UFO - Love To Love"

    Tarkus, Oct 15, 2003
  9. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Jordan Lund Guest

    mbleek (CLOSEDOWN8) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to DVD
    > release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release "Volume
    > I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the "Matrix"
    > sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on DVD
    > for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    > Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan.

    In 4 months it's possible that vol. 1 will still be playing or at
    least is viable for a theatrical re-release (they must do a double
    feature!) I'd rather they hold off on DVD and do Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as
    a single DVD package.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Oct 15, 2003
  10. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:47:57 GMT, Tarkus wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two
    >> Volume Box Set comes out. Or perhaps even the Original Extended
    >> Double Disc Director's Cut.

    > Or perhaps the HD-DVD? Or perhaps when they put it on a chip? Isn't
    > it more stupid to wait endlessly for the ultimate release of something
    > you can be enjoying right now?

    Not when you KNOW something better is just around the corner.

    Matrix Reloaded and Lord of the Rings trilogy both come to mind.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003
  11. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Dunf Guest

    "Nicholas Andrade" <> wrote in message
    > Del March wrote:
    >
    > > << >Has Miramax announced when it would be released on DVD?
    > >
    > >>Just saw it today and am jonesin' to own it already!

    > > Normally, you can count on a six-month wait from theatrical release to

    DVD
    > > release, but it's not set in stone. Miramax would be smart to release

    "Volume
    > > I" around the time "Volume II" comes out theatrically. Look at the

    "Matrix"
    > > sequels. Anybody who missed "Reloaded" theatrically can check it out on

    DVD
    > > for the two weeks leading up to the theatrical release of "Revolutions".
    > > Miramax would be stupid to not follow this plan. >><BR><BR>
    > >
    > > Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two

    Volume Box
    > > Set comes out.

    > That's my plan.
    > Or perhaps even the Original Extended Double Disc Director's
    > I wouldn't plan on an extended version. In Pulp Fiction: Collector's
    > Edition, Quentin mentions in his prologue to the deleted scenes that
    > when he makes a movie, the theatre version is the one he wants to be
    > released. There might be some deleted scenes, but he wanted them gone
    > in the first place or else they'd be in the film.
    >
    > Adios,
    > ~Nick

    Kill Bill is great. Best action sequence (no giveaway's here) 17 year old
    with ball and chain. Best song on the soundtrack; the awesome Twisted Nerve
    by the incomparable Bernard Herrman. The title theme is good too. Great
    flick and the best part for Darryl Hannah I have seen in a while. Uma is
    Umammmama. Most disgusting scene_no spoiler here, don't worry..when the male
    nurse holds up that skanky pubic hair infested bottle of KY. Damn, that is
    some sick shit going on in that hospital.

    Dunf, Oct 16, 2003
  12. >In 4 months it's possible that vol. 1 will still be playing or at
    >least is viable for a theatrical re-release (they must do a double
    >feature!) I'd rather they hold off on DVD and do Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as
    >a single DVD package.

    A theatrical double feature would kick ass!

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 16, 2003
  13. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Guest

    I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they do double features in
    selected cities. They're going to do all day marathons of the first
    two extended edition LOTR's followed by The Return of The King. Would
    be a good idea if they did something similar with The
    Matrix/Reloaded/Revolutions next month, but haven't heard anything
    about it. Also agree with previous poster on DVD'ing Kill Bill Vol 1
    to see if they come out with a combined set.

    On 16 Oct 2003 18:37:27 GMT, oc (Sydney Assbasket )
    wrote:

    >>In 4 months it's possible that vol. 1 will still be playing or at
    >>least is viable for a theatrical re-release (they must do a double
    >>feature!) I'd rather they hold off on DVD and do Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as
    >>a single DVD package.

    >A theatrical double feature would kick ass!

    , Oct 17, 2003
  14. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Melquiades Guest

    In article <Xns94165D67F74C1codswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, Codswallop <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:47:57 GMT, Tarkus wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >>> Of course, anyone with a brain would wait until the inevitable Two
    >>> Volume Box Set comes out. Or perhaps even the Original Extended
    >>> Double Disc Director's Cut.

    >> Or perhaps the HD-DVD? Or perhaps when they put it on a chip? Isn't
    >> it more stupid to wait endlessly for the ultimate release of something
    >> you can be enjoying right now?

    >Not when you KNOW something better is just around the corner.
    >
    >Matrix Reloaded and Lord of the Rings trilogy both come to mind.

    Yeah, but if you really love the movie you saw in the theater, why deprive
    yourself for months on end?

    Just get 'em both.

    You have to be a cheap bastard to not pony up the $15 because there's another
    release coming out in 8 months.

    Melquiades, Oct 17, 2003
  15. Joseph S. Powell, III

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >Also agree with previous poster on DVD'ing Kill Bill Vol 1
    >to see if they come out with a combined set.

    Quentin Tarantino himself has already confirmed that he's going to release
    individual DVD's of the two volumes, followed by a deluxe 2-pack. The
    individual releases will have completely different special content compared to
    the 2-pack so you'll have to get them both if you're obsessive like that (I
    know I am).
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Oct 17, 2003
  16. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Tarkus Guest

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 02:37:50 GMT, Melquiades wrote:

    > Yeah, but if you really love the movie you saw in the theater, why
    > deprive yourself for months on end?
    >
    > Just get 'em both.
    >
    > You have to be a cheap bastard to not pony up the $15 because there's
    > another release coming out in 8 months.

    And you can always recoup at least some of your investment by selling it
    on eBay or whereever. Just think of it as a very long rental.
    --
    "I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates. There's too many
    captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For

    Now playing: the radio

    Tarkus, Oct 17, 2003
  17. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Erik Harris Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:34:45 GMT, Justin <2go.com> wrote:

    >Kram Sacul wrote on [15 Oct 2003 07:09:09 -0700]:
    >> I remember it used take a lot longer in the olden days (10+ years ago)
    >> for a movie to come to home video. Sometimes over a year for some
    >> titles i think. Now it's out in theaters for a few weeks before it
    >> disappears and re-emerges on a video store shelf a few months later.
    >> Depressing.

    >Very!

    I disagree. Given how ridiculously expensive movie tickets have gotten
    lately (yet theaters are still losing money - something tells me they need
    better money management schemes if $10 tickets and $5 popcorn isn't earning
    them a profit!), I _appreciate_ that movies are availble to buy (or rent) a
    few months after the theatrical release. I can see the movie in my own
    living room with as good (often better) visual and audio quality as in the
    theater, and I can _buy_ the movie for the cost of a pair of tickets (or
    less) to the theater.. Or I can rent it for much less (With rent-one,
    get-one-free deals so prevalent, I don't recall the last time I paid more
    than $2-3 to rent a movie).

    What's so depressing about choosing between getting ripped off at the theater
    or waiting two months, when compared to choosing between getting ripped off
    at the theater or waiting 6-12 months?

    --
    Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

    Erik Harris, Oct 17, 2003
  18. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <2CIjb.59419$>,
    Melquiades <> wrote:

    > In article <Xns94165D67F74C1codswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, Codswallop
    > <> wrote:

    > >> Or perhaps the HD-DVD? Or perhaps when they put it on a chip? Isn't
    > >> it more stupid to wait endlessly for the ultimate release of something
    > >> you can be enjoying right now?

    > >Not when you KNOW something better is just around the corner.
    > >
    > >Matrix Reloaded and Lord of the Rings trilogy both come to mind.

    > Yeah, but if you really love the movie you saw in the theater, why deprive
    > yourself for months on end?

    Hence the concept of rentals.

    (then again, I'm an old fart of 34 who remembers a time without home
    video ^_^)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 17, 2003
  19. >>Also agree with previous poster on DVD'ing Kill Bill Vol 1
    >>to see if they come out with a combined set.

    >Quentin Tarantino himself has already confirmed that he's going to release
    >individual DVD's of the two volumes, followed by a deluxe 2-pack. The
    >individual releases will have completely different special content compared
    >the 2-pack so you'll have to get them both if you're obsessive like that (I
    >know I am).

    That's gotta be better than the Reservoir Dogs box with all the different
    covers.

    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 17, 2003
  20. Joseph S. Powell, III

    Melquiades Guest

    In article <171020031311206596%>, Invid Fan <> wrote:
    >In article <2CIjb.59419$>,
    >Melquiades <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <Xns94165D67F74C1codswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, Codswallop
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Not when you KNOW something better is just around the corner.
    >> >
    >> >Matrix Reloaded and Lord of the Rings trilogy both come to mind.

    >> Yeah, but if you really love the movie you saw in the theater, why deprive
    >> yourself for months on end?
    >>

    >Hence the concept of rentals.

    Sure, but for $10 more you can own the thing. And I know I can never get
    through all the extras in one rental cycle.

    Melquiades, Oct 17, 2003