    as I am looking at getting a region 2 UK version

    cheers Dave

    ---
    Dragon, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Dragon

    TB Guest

    "Dragon" wrote:

    > hi guys any recommendations on this dvd release, as like vol 1 is the jap
    > version going to be the best or all region the same.
    > as I am looking at getting a region 2 UK version

    I managed to score the R1 release last week. I don't know what the
    differences are between the US and Japanese versions of this title are but
    having viewed the extras on the US release, I can say that as it stands, I
    like the quality of the bonus material a *lot* more then what was on the
    first movie (US/r1 version). The one 3 minute long additional scene is
    pretty funny as it is a out and out parady worthy of MadTV or Saturday Night
    Live of a typical cheesy Hong Kong fight scene and was obviously too over
    the top even for the movie. The chapter with the songs by "Chingon" at the
    movie's premier party is surprisingly entertaining. My only complaint is
    that the transfer is a bit too harsh looking and in some places the color
    seems much more washed out then when I saw it in the theaters.

    T.B.
    TB, Aug 9, 2004

  3. "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > hi guys any recommendations on this dvd release, as like vol 1 is the jap
    > version going to be the best or all region the same.
    > as I am looking at getting a region 2 UK version
    >
    > cheers Dave
    >

    > ---

    Yeah, pick it up at the Flea Market in Pickering Ontario for $10.00 (CAD).
    It is the "made for Chinese market" version in the same packaging as the US
    version with what is basically a copy of the US version. The quality is
    excellent right down to the label on the dvd itself. I was visiting Toronto
    and found 100's of titles like this. Single dvd's include all orginal extras
    etc.. Where the US version is 2dvd with extras, the so called Chinese market
    dvd
    will have only one dvd with no extras. The packaging and dvd's are imported
    in separate bundles. The packaging comes flat. The dvd's come with labels on
    them ready to be inserted into package. Locally, the dealer uses jewel cases
    to insert the packaging and the dvd. The average cost per unit is $3.50,
    sell for $10.00. Not a bad return on your money.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Aug 15, 2004
  4. Tad Bitt§ï£ wrote:
    > Yeah, pick it up at the Flea Market in Pickering Ontario for $10.00
    > (CAD). It is the "made for Chinese market" version in the same
    > packaging as the US version with what is basically a copy of the US
    > version. The quality is excellent right down to the label on the dvd
    > itself. I was visiting Toronto and found 100's of titles like this.
    > Single dvd's include all orginal extras etc.. Where the US version is
    > 2dvd with extras, the so called Chinese market dvd
    > will have only one dvd with no extras. The packaging and dvd's are
    > imported in separate bundles. The packaging comes flat. The dvd's
    > come with labels on them ready to be inserted into package. Locally,
    > the dealer uses jewel cases to insert the packaging and the dvd. The
    > average cost per unit is $3.50, sell for $10.00. Not a bad return on
    > your money.

    Even if it is illegal.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 16, 2004