    halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
    disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
    films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

    Elf Mode Alpha, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Elf Mode Alpha

    Yazandtony Guest

    Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez didnt
    even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a year
    old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

    Yazandtony, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Elf Mode Alpha

    Mark W Guest

    "Elf Mode Alpha" <> wrote in message
    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with
    > stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like
    > all
    > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
    > MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part
    > 2,

    No, I think I read somewhere that Tarantino intended it to be like that. And
    so, it's beyond criticism to some people. In fact you should be reading all
    sorts of hidden messages into that, rather than 'simply' thinking it was a
    long boring load of rubbish!

    Despite what the director says, expect a volume 3 subtitled 'The Beatrix'

    Mark W, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Elf Mode Alpha

    kaydigi Guest

    "Yazandtony" <> wrote in message
    > Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez

    didnt
    > even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a

    year
    > old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one

    Did THE RZA do the score for this one?

    kaydigi, Aug 17, 2004
  5. "Yazandtony" <> wrote in message
    > Maybe you should look into things BEFORE you post them, Robert Rodriguez

    didnt
    > even do half of the score, moron. And isnt this movie like almost half a

    year
    > old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

    Tisk tisk. Sombody hurt your widdy biddy feelings?
    Rodriguez is credited with the "western" score for VOl. 2. Watch the DVD
    extras to see him playing it live.
    So blow me.
    As for when I see movies, that's my business.
    So blow me two times.
    Kill Bill part 2 sucks ass.

    Elf Mode Alpha, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Elf Mode Alpha

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Elf Mode Alpha" <> wrote in message news:<iNoUc.2630$>...
    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like all
    > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.

    I thought the score was a bit cliche, it would have been nice to have
    seen what RZA would have done with it.

    > Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
    > halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
    > disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
    > films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

    Vol. 2 is completely different from Vol. 1. That's not to say it's
    bad. The sense of tension and foreboding is so much higher in Vol. 2.
    The whole scene at the beginning with Beatrix and Bill is loaded with
    menace because we know what's coming, we just don't know when. Vol. 2
    didn't have to be over-the-top action. That's what Vol. 1 was for.

    Still, I could see editing it down to one film. You'd lose the
    backstory on O-Ren (the animated bits) and Budd (the first showing how
    accomplished she is, the 2nd showing how far he's fallen from his
    prime.) Elle calling Budd a "bush-whackin' scrub alkie piece of shit"
    would carry less power without the scene in the nudie bar.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Elf Mode Alpha

    Jordan Lund Guest

    "Elf Mode Alpha" <> wrote in message news:<iNoUc.2630$>...
    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like all
    > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.

    I thought the score was a bit cliche, it would have been nice to have
    seen what RZA would have done with it.

    > Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
    > halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
    > disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
    > films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

    Vol. 2 is completely different from Vol. 1. That's not to say it's
    bad. The sense of tension and foreboding is so much higher in Vol. 2.
    The whole scene at the beginning with Beatrix and Bill is loaded with
    menace because we know what's coming, we just don't know when. Vol. 2
    didn't have to be over-the-top action. That's what Vol. 1 was for.

    Still, I could see editing it down to one film. You'd lose the
    backstory on O-Ren (the animated bits) and Budd (the first showing how
    accomplished she is, the 2nd showing how far he's fallen from his
    prime.) Elle calling Budd a "bush-whackin' scrub alkie piece of shit"
    would carry less power without the scene in the nudie bar. You'd
    probably also lose the bit with Esteban, which I really liked, since
    it showed the mirroring of events with Bill and Beatrix.

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 17, 2004
  8. Elf Mode Alpha

    Yazandtony Guest

    Why do you want me to blow you? Is that how to usually try to end an internet
    argument? Very, very strange.

    Yazandtony, Aug 18, 2004
  9. Elf Mode Alpha

    zeus Guest

    I agree completely. Vol. 1 was amazing. Vol.2 was a waste of time.

    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

    stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like

    all
    > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
    > MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part

    2,
    > it might be a decent flick, but as it stands, its 1/2 of a great movie and
    > 1/2 of a disaster. No wonder they cut this mother in two. Even if

    audiences

    zeus, Aug 18, 2004
  10. Elf Mode Alpha

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Yazandtony) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Why do you want me to blow you? Is that how to usually try to end an internet
    > argument? Very, very strange.

    ? WTF?

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 18, 2004
  11. Ahhh, it was okay. It certainly didn't rate the critics worship. I'm
    starting to think there are some filmmakers out there that if all they
    did was film themselves taking a shit, the critics would call it the
    best movie of the year. Tarentino is one of those. There is nothing
    special about either Kill Bills except maybe David Carridine and
    Tarentinos usual thing about splicing the story out of order.

    First one is a lot of fun though, the second not as much. And on the
    second you ask yourself all these questions, like(SPOILERS TO FOLLOW):

    If that all mega-powerful Pai Mei (who almost possesses a certain
    clairvoyance during fighting)is so great, why did he not see the poison
    fish heads coming or even let some chick he plucked the eye out of serve
    him fish heads.

    Are we supposed to be surprised when Beatrix Kiddo uses the exploding
    heart technique on Bill? I saw it coming ever since he told the story
    about it. He was telling the story and I said "Welp, now we know how
    he's gonna die"

    Can Tarentino tell a story that doesn't have to do with
    Assasins/murderers, Drug Dealers or pimps?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 18, 2004
  12. Elf Mode Alpha

    Jeffy3 Guest

    "zeus" <> wrote in message news:<4122e334$>...
    > I agree completely. Vol. 1 was amazing. Vol.2 was a waste of time.

    Good morning everybody!

    Jeffy3, Aug 18, 2004
  13. t doesn't have to>Are we supposed to be surprised when Beatrix Kiddo uses the
    exploding
    >heart technique on Bill? I saw it coming ever since he told the story
    >about it. He was telling the story and I said "Welp, now we know how
    >he's gonna die"

    Totally, i'd be amazed if people didn't see this coming.

    All those milkmen on the same route......... no wonder they fight

    StevenMcLennan, Aug 18, 2004
  14. Elf Mode Alpha

    Rutgar Guest

    On 17 Aug 2004 17:11:05 GMT, (Yazandtony) wrote:

    <snip>
    >. And isnt this movie like almost half a year
    >old now? You barely saw it now? I thought you SO loved the first one?

    Um, this is a DVD newsgroup. And Kill Bill Volume 2 just came out on
    DVD last week. I waited for the DVD as well. Like I do MOST
    movies. That's why I built a Home Theater. So I don't have to go to
    the theater.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Aug 18, 2004
  15. Elf Mode Alpha

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked

    ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

    stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue.

    Elf Mode Alpha = Stupid Troll.

    Joshua Zyber, Aug 19, 2004
  16. Elf Mode Alpha

    Yazandtony Guest

    What the bloody hell does "welp" mean?

    Yazandtony, Aug 19, 2004
  17. "Elf Mode Alpha" <> wrote in message
    > Vol. 1 was so cool. So imaginative. So energetic. The score kicked ass.
    > Vol. 2 was so lame. So boring. So lifless. So fricking LONG, with

    stretches
    > of lame ass dialogue. The score by, a different composer, was dull, like

    all
    > of Robert Rodriguez's scores.
    > MAYBE if these two movies were joined and about 50% were cut out of part

    2,
    > it might be a decent flick, but as it stands, its 1/2 of a great movie and
    > 1/2 of a disaster. No wonder they cut this mother in two. Even if

    audiences
    > would have sit still through 4 hours, they would never have forgivin the
    > second half of this movie, so cut it in half and rake in the cash on part
    > one and hope to dupe people into seeing part two thinking it will be as
    > good.
    > Or maybe it wasn't long enough to be two movies so they elongated the two
    > halves instead of trimming the whole. Either way, Vol.2 is a major
    > disappointment after Vol. 1.Considering how freely Miramaxs like to cut
    > films shorter, I'm surprised they didn't this time around.

    did we see the same movie? KB II was fucking bomb!

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Aug 20, 2004
  18. Elf Mode Alpha

    RnR Lesnar Guest

    So I must really be a troll for thinking both Kill Bill's were bad movies. I
    didn't care for either of them, especially volume 2.

    --
    RnR Lesnar
    It's True, It's True- Kurt Angle

    RnR Lesnar, Aug 20, 2004
  19. It's the way some people say "well". It was an intentional distortion

    Michael Rogers, Aug 20, 2004
  20. Elf Mode Alpha

    Peter Eimers Guest

    yeah you are right ggg