    kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".

    Is anyone else seeing this?

    Joe
    Joe McGuckin, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Joe McGuckin

    Doc Shock Guest

    I heard it. I was thinking it was something in the movie scene, but couldn't
    figure out what. I never saw the movie in the theater, so have nothing to
    compare it to.

    Doc Shock, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Joe McGuckin

    Justin Guest

    Doc Shock wrote on [Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:21:24 -0400]:
    > I heard it. I was thinking it was something in the movie scene, but couldn't
    > figure out what. I never saw the movie in the theater, so have nothing to
    > compare it to.

    Well, the name is supposed to be beeped out. But haven't seen the DVD so
    can't tell if it's different.

    Justin, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Joe McGuckin

    Hmunster Guest

    > Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
    > tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
    >
    > The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
    > kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
    >
    > Is anyone else seeing this?
    >
    > Joe

    Yep, that's normal. That's the way it was in the theatre.
    Hmunster, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Joe McGuckin

    Ollie T Guest

    It is supposed to be there. They beep her name out twice at the beginning
    and once at the end in the bar. They don't want you to know what her name
    is until Vol. 2. It is supposed to be an oldschool cheesy little trick just
    like the opening logos of the film. That's why this film is so much fun.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Joe McGuckin

    Mike Kohary Guest

    On 15 Apr 2004 11:33:23 -0700, (Joe McGuckin) wrote:

    >Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
    >tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
    >
    >The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
    >kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
    >
    >Is anyone else seeing this?

    It's intentionally a part of the soundtrack, not a flaw. The second
    time is a few seconds later, when Fox's character says, "<BEEP> just
    asked you a question..." - we don't get to find out The Bride's real
    name.

    Mike
    --

    "Worry is like interest paid | Mike Kohary
    in advance on a debt that |

    Karma Photography http://www.kohary.com/photography
    Mike Kohary, Apr 15, 2004
  7. Joe McGuckin

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Joe McGuckin) wrote in message news:<>...

    > The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
    > kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".

    They beeped out her name intentionally... it was that way in the
    theater as well and it appears the same way in the subtitles. "My name
    is [bleep]."

    I do have audo defects on my disc though, the DTS track snaps and pops
    something awful.

    - Jordan

    (Spoiler below...)
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Her name is "Beatrix".
    Jordan Lund, Apr 15, 2004
  8. (Jordan Lund) wrote:

    > I do have audo defects on my disc though, the DTS track snaps and pops
    > something awful.
    >
    > - Jordan

    I didn't notice any snaps and pops when I played the DTS track. In fact
    I thought the audio had a nice 'warm' quality that I really liked.
    Baron Gilliam, Apr 15, 2004
  9. Joe McGuckin

    damnfine Guest

    "Joe McGuckin" wrote:
    > Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
    > tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
    >
    > The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
    > kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
    >
    > Is anyone else seeing this?

    BAIT!!!!

    --
    /^\damnfine/^\
    "Somewhere in Texas, a village is being deprived of its idiot."
    damnfine, Apr 16, 2004
  10. Joe McGuckin

    Tad Bitt Guest

    This is intentional. Her name is actually Beatrix, however, Terantino didn't
    want us to think of her as anything other than Black Momba.

    Tad Bitt, Apr 17, 2004
  11. Joe McGuckin

    The General Guest

    > (Spoiler below...)
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >
    > Her name is "Beatrix".

    That's actually a KILL BILL vol 2 spoiler and it would've been nice if you
    had identified it as such.
    The General, Apr 18, 2004
  12. "Joe McGuckin" <> wrote in message
    > Will watching Kill Bill last night, I noticed 2 occurrances of a cue
    > tone on the audio track within the first 10 minutes.
    >
    > The first one is during the first fight scene in the kitchen, when the
    > kid walks in and Uma says "My name is <BEEEP>".
    >
    > Is anyone else seeing this?
    >
    > Joe

    Nope. When mine played, I heard, quite clearly,

    spoiler

    "This is Mommy's friend, BEATRIX KIDDO."

    Psyche, mine also beeped, as was QT's intent.
    If you're pissed that I gave out her name, remember that I added a spoiler
    space....
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Apr 23, 2004
  13. Joe McGuckin

    Joe Gonzalez Guest