Kill Bill v.2 Ending Interpretation:

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jordan Lund, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
    different conclusion than I have previously...

    If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
    you...

    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..

    So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
    heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
    bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."

    Thank you to who? For what?

    I'm thinking that she didn't really kill Bill. There is no 5-point
    palm exploding heart technique (or if there is, Pai Mei didn't teach
    it to her.) It was all an elaborate play act to give Beatrix her
    percieved revenge and allow Bill to let her go gracefully without
    losing face.

    The theme is introduced when Bill and B.B. "get the drop" on Beatrix
    as she comes through the door. It's all pretend, the civility between
    them is pretend. That's why she's laughing and crying at the end,
    after everything that happened, after everything they both did, he let
    her and her daughter go.

    Further evidence comes from the end credits. The other people on the
    list are all accounted for, Vivica A. Fox, Lucy Liu and Michael Madsen
    all have lines drawn through their names showing that their characters
    died. Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
    a question mark in the credits.

    But Uma Thurman and David Carradine share unmarked credits leading me
    to think that they both live what can only be described for their
    characters as happily ever after.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Jordan Lund

    Avatar Guest

    On 11 Aug 2004 09:37:13 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
    >different conclusion than I have previously...
    >
    >If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
    >you...
    >
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >
    >So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
    >heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
    >bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
    >
    >Thank you to who? For what?

    She is thanking God. For reuniting her with her daughter.

    Avatar, Aug 11, 2004

  3. BBC article today :

    "Tarantino said he would consider doing a sequel to the two-parter in
    about 15 years time, when the Bride's daughter is 20 years old. "

    which ties in with another article I read somewhere that he was
    thinking about when the daughter is older it's time for more revenge.
    Bob Smolinsky, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Jordan Lund

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Bob Smolinsky" <> wrote in message
    > BBC article today :
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3554536.stm
    >
    > "Tarantino said he would consider doing a sequel to the two-parter in
    > about 15 years time, when the Bride's daughter is 20 years old. "
    >
    > which ties in with another article I read somewhere that he was
    > thinking about when the daughter is older it's time for more revenge.

    IIRC, I believe the revenge is going to come at the hands of the daughter of
    the character played by Vivica A. Fox.
    Jay Stewart, Aug 11, 2004
  5. Jordan Lund

    BH Guest

    wrote:

    >OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
    >different conclusion than I have previously...
    >
    >If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
    >you...
    >
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >.
    >
    >So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
    >heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
    >bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
    >
    >Thank you to who? For what?
    >
    >I'm thinking that she didn't really kill Bill. There is no 5-point
    >palm exploding heart technique (or if there is, Pai Mei didn't teach
    >it to her.) It was all an elaborate play act to give Beatrix her
    >percieved revenge and allow Bill to let her go gracefully without
    >losing face.
    >
    >The theme is introduced when Bill and B.B. "get the drop" on Beatrix
    >as she comes through the door. It's all pretend, the civility between
    >them is pretend. That's why she's laughing and crying at the end,
    >after everything that happened, after everything they both did, he let
    >her and her daughter go.
    >
    >Further evidence comes from the end credits. The other people on the
    >list are all accounted for, Vivica A. Fox, Lucy Liu and Michael Madsen
    >all have lines drawn through their names showing that their characters
    >died. Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
    >a question mark in the credits.
    >
    >But Uma Thurman and David Carradine share unmarked credits leading me
    >to think that they both live what can only be described for their
    >characters as happily ever after.
    >
    >- Jordan

    I think she is thanking God for having her child back, a child she
    taught was dead since the moment Bill shot her in the head.
    The laughing might be caused by the truth drug Bill used on her, the
    one with the euphoria side effect...

    Mike
    BH, Aug 11, 2004
  6. Jordan Lund

    Cernovog Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:37:13 -0400, Jordan Lund wrote
    (in message <>):

    > So here's my conclusion...

    Here's some sage advice for you:

    Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show"

    ....and you really should relax!
    Cernovog, Aug 12, 2004
  7. Jordan Lund

    PCportinc Guest

    >Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
    >a question mark in the credits.

    Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not killed.
    Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in BR
    when Priss was shot?
    PCportinc, Aug 12, 2004
  8. "PCportinc" <> wrote in message
    > >Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
    > >a question mark in the credits.
    > >

    > Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not

    killed.
    > Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in

    BR
    > when Priss was shot?

    And you can bet it was an homage to Blade Runner by QT.
    Joseph S. Powell, III, Aug 13, 2004
  9. Jordan Lund

    Rutgar Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:17:33 -0500, "Joseph S. Powell, III"
    <> wrote:

    >"PCportinc" <> wrote in message
    >> >Daryl Hannah is left in a questionable state and is marked with
    >> >a question mark in the credits.
    >> >

    >> Just like Priss in Blade Runner, we dont know if she was or was not

    >killed.
    >> Did you notice how when Uma took her eye out Daryl did the same she did in

    >BR
    >> when Priss was shot?
    >>

    >And you can bet it was an homage to Blade Runner by QT.

    He He. Bimbo bread.

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Aug 13, 2004
  10. Jordan Lund

    Otter Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:55:57 -0500, Avatar <>
    wrote:

    >On 11 Aug 2004 09:37:13 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
    >>different conclusion than I have previously...
    >>
    >>If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
    >>you...
    >>
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>.
    >>
    >>So here's my conclusion... Beatrix uses the 5-point palm exploding
    >>heart technique to kill Bill... but at the very end she's lying on the
    >>bathroom floor, half crying, half laughing and says "Thank you."
    >>
    >>Thank you to who? For what?

    >She is thanking God. For reuniting her with her daughter.

    ....and for being victorious in her revenge.

    It's not any harder than that.

    -Otter
    Otter, Aug 14, 2004
  11. I noticed this stuff too. I rather suspect Q.T put this stuff in there
    to give the more obsessive Q.T. fan something to chew on.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Aug 15, 2004
  12. "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    > OK, so I watched Kill Bill again last night and I've come to a
    > different conclusion than I have previously...
    >
    > If you read below you WILL HAVE the very end of the movie spoiled for
    > you...

    Is it possible that that her and Bill hook up again and raise their
    daughter. Did Bill provide the demon seed for a really bad child that grows
    up to be Cool Mountain Cucumber a rarified beast that mangles and dismembers
    livestock. What about Bill's very old penis. Would Beatrix touch let alone
    thrust that tired old soldier? Bill was rich and he knew martial arts well,
    however, he had a very old shriveled member.

    The next installment of this Shaw Brothers influenced series should be
    called "Kill Bill?".

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Aug 15, 2004
  13. Jordan Lund

    dan. Guest

    Bimbo Bread is a real food product (kinda like Wonder Bread) in Latin
    America.

    dan

    dan., Aug 17, 2004
  14. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Cernovog <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:37:13 -0400, Jordan Lund wrote
    > (in message <>):
    >
    > > So here's my conclusion...

    > Here's some sage advice for you:
    >
    > Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show"
    >
    > ...and you really should relax!

    But thinking about quality art is what separates it from simple
    entertainment. That a work like Kill Bill is open to interpretation
    says a lot about the craftsmanship of Tarantino.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Aug 17, 2004
  15. Jordan Lund

    Rutgar Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:20:24 GMT, "dan." <>
    wrote:

    >Bimbo Bread is a real food product (kinda like Wonder Bread) in Latin
    >America.
    >
    >dan

    Hmmmph! And here I was, giving T&U credit for being really witty.

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Aug 18, 2004