Kill Bill v. 1 2/3/04?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by jpeabody, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. jpeabody

    jpeabody Guest

    jpeabody, Nov 18, 2003

  2. jpeabody

    Justin Guest

    jpeabody wrote on [18 Nov 2003 09:03:53 -0800]:
    > Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
    > release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
    > confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
    >
    > http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMEW/imdb-ca-20/701-3917746-2180314

    Hmmm, interesting number lineup

    DVDFile does list that as the US release date

    Justin, Nov 18, 2003

  3. jpeabody

    Doug MacLean Guest

    "jpeabody" <> wrote in message
    > Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
    > release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
    > confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?

    http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMEW/imdb-ca-20/701-3917746-2180314

    I did receive an initial announcement from Disney that the DVD will be
    released on 2/4/04. Not much in the way of details yet but typically a
    follow up with extras and other details should come in soon.

    --

    Doug MacLean
    Home Theater Info

    Doug MacLean, Nov 18, 2003
  4. David Beamish, Nov 19, 2003
  5. jpeabody

    Justin Guest

    David Beamish wrote on [19 Nov 2003 16:44:21 GMT]:
    > Just turn the chair, and grow jpeabody hair
    >
    >> Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
    >> release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
    >> confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
    >>
    >> http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMEW/imdb-ca-20/701-3917746
    >> -2180314

    > http://tinyurl.com/voun
    >
    > 3rd feb apparently.. bit weird since its a tuesday i think..

    Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......

    Justin, Nov 19, 2003
  6. jpeabody

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (jpeabody) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Whilst poking around the web I found that Amazon Canada lists the
    > release date for Kill Bill Volume 1 on DVD as 2/3/04. Can this be
    > confirmed as a US release date also? Any content details/rumors?
    >
    > http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMEW/imdb-ca-20/701-3917746-2180314

    That would be interesting, isn't that just before Vol. 2 hits
    theaters?

    I'm amused also that we'd have Kill Bill, Vol. 1 2/3/04 with music by
    the 5, 6, 7, 8's. ;^)

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Just turn the chair, and grow Justin hair

    > Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......

    do they?
    not in the uk.. just seems weird to release a new product mid week.

    David Beamish, Nov 20, 2003
  8. jpeabody

    Justin Guest

    David Beamish wrote on [20 Nov 2003 11:32:26 GMT]:
    > Just turn the chair, and grow Justin hair
    >

    >> Well, since most DVDs come out on a Tuesday......
    >>

    > do they?
    > not in the uk.. just seems weird to release a new product mid week.

    In the US, and I believe Canada, yes they certainly do. DVDs and CDs
    both come out on Tuesdays.

    Justin, Nov 20, 2003
  9. jpeabody

    jpeabody Guest

    > That would be interesting, isn't that just before Vol. 2 hits
    > theaters?
    >
    > I'm amused also that we'd have Kill Bill, Vol. 1 2/3/04 with music by
    > the 5, 6, 7, 8's. ;^)

    I knew there was a joke there somewhere :)

    Matrix Reloaded came out on disc 2-3 weeks before Revolutions, so I
    guess that's going to be the pattern if these short-cycle films
    continue to come out. Personally, I think Matrix would've been better
    off being released as originally planned 4-6 weeks apart, not 6
    months. Why release a big action movie in November? People would've
    been much more likely to go if they could see both films in one day at
    the same theater, and they'd get more kids. Same with Kill Bill. I
    was apprehensive about it after hearing about the violence (I admit to
    a weak stomach for gore), but after finally seeing it (and finding the
    violence more along the lines of Story of Ricky than Scarface), I
    cannot wait for v2. I'd go see a double-feature every weekend if I
    could.

    jpeabody, Nov 20, 2003