Kill Bill DVD release - 2 parts?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mr. Mike, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Mr. Mike

    Mr. Mike Guest

    >Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    >will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    >giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    >[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing 2
    DVDs?

    Mr. Mike, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Mr. Mike

    Zimmy Guest

    "Mr. Mike" <> wrote in message
    > >Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    > >will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    > >giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    > >[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    > Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing

    2
    > DVDs?

    According to a post on HTF, Quentin wants 3 DVD releases. 2 normal special
    editions of each film and a third, Lord of The Rings Extended Edition type
    set with non repeating extras of the first two.
    Meaning, he wants you to buy all 3.

    I'm betting the hook on the super duper edition is the Blue Leaves fight in
    color.

    Zimmy, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Mr. Mike

    Evil Guest

    Mr. Mike <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > >Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    > >will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    > >giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    > >[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    > Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing 2
    > DVDs?

    of course, they will release it in a boxset... AFTER. (after what? aftah aftah!)

    Evil, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Mr. Mike

    Tarkus Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:45:32 -0700, Mr. Mike wrote:

    >>Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    >>will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    >>giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    >>[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    > Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing 2
    > DVDs?

    I'm sure that will happen eventually, but I can see why they wouldn't be
    in any big hurry.
    --
    "250 years in the future, all will be lost unless the fifth element is
    found."

    Now playing: "Yes - Machine Messiah"

    Tarkus, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Mr. Mike

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Mr. Mike
    <> wrote:

    > >Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    > >will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    > >giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    > >[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    > Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing 2
    > DVDs?

    But then they couldn't release part 1 on dvd about the time part 2 hits
    theaters. They'd then have to release part 2 on dvd, in addition to any
    box set, so people who bought part 1 wouldn't have to buy it again
    unless they wanted to.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 13, 2003
  6. "Mr. Mike" <> wrote in message
    > >Kill Bill, whose two parts cost a total of $65 million to make, also
    > >will be released to home video and pay television in two installments,
    > >giving Miramax a double revenue stream in those markets,
    > >[Rick Sands, Miramax chief operating officer] said.

    > Hmmm, maybe a dumb move ... have they never heard of a box set containing

    2
    > DVDs?

    By your rationale, we'd likely have to wait until July or August to get the
    Matrix Reloaded on DVD, because we'd have to wait until it was time for the
    Matrix Revolutions to come out on DVD as well.
    Sorry, I think most of us would rather not wait for Reloaded, nor will we
    wish to wait for Kill Bill: Volume 1.
    I think the same can be said for the Lord of the Rings films - we'd prefer
    to get each installment on it's own rather than wait years for all three to
    come out.

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Oct 15, 2003
  7. Mr. Mike

    Eric R. Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message

    > According to a post on HTF, Quentin wants 3 DVD releases. 2 normal special
    > editions of each film and a third, Lord of The Rings Extended Edition type
    > set with non repeating extras of the first two.
    > Meaning, he wants you to buy all 3.
    >
    > I'm betting the hook on the super duper edition is the Blue Leaves fight in
    > color.

    Meanwhile, Sling Blade and Trainspotting can't even get lousy
    anamorphic releases. Get your heads out of your asses, Miramax!

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 15, 2003
  8. Mr. Mike

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Eric R.
    <> wrote:

    > "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > According to a post on HTF, Quentin wants 3 DVD releases. 2 normal special
    > > editions of each film and a third, Lord of The Rings Extended Edition type
    > > set with non repeating extras of the first two.
    > > Meaning, he wants you to buy all 3.
    > >
    > > I'm betting the hook on the super duper edition is the Blue Leaves fight in
    > > color.

    > Meanwhile, Sling Blade and Trainspotting can't even get lousy
    > anamorphic releases. Get your heads out of your asses, Miramax!

    If they did get a lousy anamorphic release, you'd be bitching that
    Miramax should have done a good one.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 15, 2003
  9. Mr. Mike

    Eric R. Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote in message

    > If they did get a lousy anamorphic release, you'd be bitching that
    > Miramax should have done a good one.

    You're right. I just don't like those fuckers.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 16, 2003
  10. Mr. Mike

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Eric R.
    <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan <> wrote in message
    >
    > > If they did get a lousy anamorphic release, you'd be bitching that
    > > Miramax should have done a good one.

    > You're right. I just don't like those fuckers.

    If you know anything about good old Harvy and his days as a concert
    promoter in Buffalo, you'd have good reason :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Oct 16, 2003