    run over 80 minutes each and released theatrically. Oddly titled but
    apparently very good. I am wondering if the picture quality is any better
    than the Decalogue boxed set.

    Really Interesting Guy, May 12, 2004

  2. > Any reviews of the newly released 'A Short Film About Killing' and `A
    Short
    > Film About Love'?
    >
    > These are two episodes from The Decalogue TV series which were expanded to
    > run over 80 minutes each and released theatrically. Oddly titled but
    > apparently very good. I am wondering if the picture quality is any better
    > than the Decalogue boxed set.

    I guess it's all sci-fi and Tarantino movies in this group now. Sigh.

    Really Interesting Guy, May 15, 2004

  3. Really Interesting Guy

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<> These are two episodes from The Decalogue TV series which were expanded to
    > run over 80 minutes each and released theatrically. Oddly titled but
    > apparently very good. I am wondering if the picture quality is any better
    > than the Decalogue boxed set.

    I guess it's all sci-fi and Tarantino movies in this group now. Sigh.>>

    what are you talking about? I don't see any relation between Kieslowski and
    this group "only discussing Tarantino and sci-fi." I have the Three Colors and
    the Decalogue, but I haven't seen the new DVDs. They weren't even promoted very
    well.

    BubbCoop, May 16, 2004
  4. "BubbCoop" <> wrote in message
    > <<> These are two episodes from The Decalogue TV series which were

    expanded to
    > > run over 80 minutes each and released theatrically. Oddly titled but
    > > apparently very good. I am wondering if the picture quality is any

    better
    > > than the Decalogue boxed set.

    > I guess it's all sci-fi and Tarantino movies in this group now. Sigh.>>
    >
    > what are you talking about? I don't see any relation between Kieslowski

    and
    > this group "only discussing Tarantino and sci-fi."

    I was lamenting that I hadn't received any kind of reply to my question and
    that a couple of years agowhen I frequented this place more often it was
    full of talk about all kinds of film, including the more mature variety.
    Lately when I look in it seems to be mostly The Matrix or Kill Bill type
    fare. I'm exaggerating...a bit.

    > I have the Three Colors and
    > the Decalogue, but I haven't seen the new DVDs. They weren't even promoted

    very
    > well.

    I agree, they weren't. I stumbled upon them by accident.

    An acknowledgement reply like yours is welcome. At least I know there is
    life out there.

    Really Interesting Guy, May 16, 2004
  5. Really Interesting Guy <> wrote:

    > "BubbCoop" <> wrote in message
    > > <<> These are two episodes from The Decalogue TV series which were

    > expanded to
    > > > run over 80 minutes each and released theatrically. Oddly titled but
    > > > apparently very good. I am wondering if the picture quality is any

    > better
    > > > than the Decalogue boxed set.

    > > I guess it's all sci-fi and Tarantino movies in this group now. Sigh.>>
    > >
    > > what are you talking about? I don't see any relation between Kieslowski

    > and
    > > this group "only discussing Tarantino and sci-fi."

    > I was lamenting that I hadn't received any kind of reply to my question and
    > that a couple of years agowhen I frequented this place more often it was
    > full of talk about all kinds of film, including the more mature variety.
    > Lately when I look in it seems to be mostly The Matrix or Kill Bill type
    > fare. I'm exaggerating...a bit.
    >

    > > I have the Three Colors and
    > > the Decalogue, but I haven't seen the new DVDs. They weren't even promoted

    > very
    > > well.

    > I agree, they weren't. I stumbled upon them by accident.
    >
    > An acknowledgement reply like yours is welcome. At least I know there is
    > life out there.

    And the rest of us (me anyway) don't have as much time as we'd like...

    By the way, don't overlook Schloendorff's "Circle Of Deceit", released
    the same day. That one at least had a good review via DVD Savant...

    http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s1189circ.html

    and has been on my wish list for a long time. Not any more.

    Hopefully the two Kieslowski's are similar in quality (at least they're
    also anamorphic).

    Frank Malczewski, May 16, 2004
  6. Really Interesting Guy

    BubbCoop Guest

    <<Lately when I look in it seems to be mostly The Matrix or Kill Bill type
    fare. I'm exaggerating...a bit.>>

    Well the internet has definitely become more commercial. I happened to enjoy
    Kill Bill quite a bit, though.

    BubbCoop, May 18, 2004