Kieslowski films...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Goro, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Goro

    Goro Guest

    I'm a HUGE fan of Kieslowski's. I recall when i first saw BLUE and
    was just stunned and then watched WHITE and RED in another sitting.
    Then i watched the Korean boxset of DEKALOG and found them excellent,
    if not quite as potent as THREE COLORS.

    I then watched the Tom Tykwer-helmed HEAVEN based on Kieslowski's sp
    and found it extremely itneresting and i think Tykwer's style is
    great, but really, i miss the Kieslowski touch.

    I've finally gotten around to ordering A SHORT FILM ABOUT KILLING and
    ASFA LOVE so i'll watch those next.

    But now, i'm surfing DigitalBits' upcomign dvd pictures site and found
    the following dvds listed to be released 8/17:

    BLIND CHANCE, CAMERA BUFF, NO END, THE SCAR.

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/upcomingart3.html

    i've never even heard of these. are these made for Polish tv like
    DEKALOG or were they newer (or older) films? any info would help.

    i'm really kind of excited about it, but woul dlike to know what i'm
    in for.

    thx
    -goro-
    Goro, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Goro

    Haans Guest

    "Goro" <> wrote in message
    > I'm a HUGE fan of Kieslowski's. I recall when i first saw BLUE and
    > was just stunned and then watched WHITE and RED in another sitting.
    > Then i watched the Korean boxset of DEKALOG and found them excellent,
    > if not quite as potent as THREE COLORS.
    >
    > I then watched the Tom Tykwer-helmed HEAVEN based on Kieslowski's sp
    > and found it extremely itneresting and i think Tykwer's style is
    > great, but really, i miss the Kieslowski touch.
    >
    > I've finally gotten around to ordering A SHORT FILM ABOUT KILLING and
    > ASFA LOVE so i'll watch those next.
    >
    > But now, i'm surfing DigitalBits' upcomign dvd pictures site and found
    > the following dvds listed to be released 8/17:
    >
    > BLIND CHANCE, CAMERA BUFF, NO END, THE SCAR.
    >
    > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/upcomingart3.html
    >
    > i've never even heard of these. are these made for Polish tv like
    > DEKALOG or were they newer (or older) films? any info would help.
    >
    > i'm really kind of excited about it, but woul dlike to know what i'm
    > in for.
    >
    > thx
    > -goro-

    Did you have a look over at IMDb?

    I'm just waiting for The Double Life of Veronique. I cannot fathom why it's
    not out yet...
    Haans, Jul 21, 2004

  3. (Goro) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm a HUGE fan of Kieslowski's. I recall when i first saw BLUE and
    > was just stunned and then watched WHITE and RED in another sitting.
    > Then i watched the Korean boxset of DEKALOG and found them excellent,
    > if not quite as potent as THREE COLORS.
    >
    > I then watched the Tom Tykwer-helmed HEAVEN based on Kieslowski's sp
    > and found it extremely itneresting and i think Tykwer's style is
    > great, but really, i miss the Kieslowski touch.
    >
    > I've finally gotten around to ordering A SHORT FILM ABOUT KILLING and
    > ASFA LOVE so i'll watch those next.

    are you a movie watcher or a whacker offer?
    brigit bardot brigade, Jul 21, 2004