    to the web, I would like to be able to use the web with some consistency .
    Do you have any other suggestions as to what I might try before I call the
    $$$ support man to come to my home and check it all out? Thanks, Wanda

    Wanda Rayfield, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Wanda Rayfield

    Barry Guest

    Most common causes of this type of problem are:
    Contention rates. Too many users in the same area (very common despite what
    your ISP might tell you. Does it happen just after everyone comes home from
    school?)
    Equipment such as satelite TV receivers connected to phone lines.
    Faulty router / modem which hangs & needs to be re-booted.
    Non-compatible products such as alarms, fax machines etc on the same line.

    Try disconnecting everything but the PC and then see if the problem goes
    away. If it doesn't, then it's probably the router / modem or contention.

    Barry, Oct 13, 2005