    bbford Guest

    Can keyloggers be defeated by using the on-screen keyboard when typing in
    passwords?
    bbford, Jun 24, 2004

  2. bbford

    Dystopia Guest

    * On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:19:08 -0700, bbford wrote:
    > Can keyloggers be defeated by using the on-screen keyboard when typing in
    > passwords?

    No. Anything on stdin counts as a keypress. Even cut & paste.

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most -- Ozzy
    Dystopia, Jun 25, 2004

  3. bbford

    Me Guest

    Re: Keyloggers -- Which are best?

    bbford wrote:

    > Can keyloggers be defeated by using the on-screen keyboard when
    > typing in passwords?

    Nope, I just tested it with "Perfect Keylogger" and it got the keys.

    HOWEVER, I am a developer who has come up with a way to type phrases
    into applications (and web pages, etc) that, so far, NO keylogging
    application has been able to track. I've tried 6 keylogging apps so
    far (including "Perfect Keylogger" above) and they've all failed. :)

    So, my question is: What are the so-called "best" keyloggers out there
    that I can test with my technique? Do you know of any "bulletproof"
    ones that claim to catch all? I want to see if they can put their
    money where their mouth is. Thanks!
    Me, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Re: Keyloggers -- Which are best?

    Are you familiar with how to detect a keylogger ?

    Keith Workman, Jul 24, 2004
  5. bbford

    DarkSamurai Guest

    DarkSamurai, Jul 24, 2004
  6. bbford

    Keith Workman wrote:

    > Are you familiar with how to detect a keylogger ?

    No, but I'm not interested in detecting them. I want to test them.
    Detecting them just means a never-ending game of cat-and-mouse as
    new loggers appear. My technique doesn't care if an unknown logger
    exists, as it won't be able to log anything anyway.
    Me, Jul 25, 2004