    does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I deleted
    the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from my windows
    password which I've already changed?

    Joe, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Joe

    Richard Guest

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in
    news:rWGrd.1194$:

    > does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I
    > deleted the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from
    > my windows password which I've already changed?

    Scan all your hard drives with TDS-3 (www.diamondcs.com.au), Kaspersky AV
    (www.kaspersky.com), Spybot (http://security.kolla.de/) and PestPatrol
    (www.pestpartol.com). Then look at the startup registry and startup folder
    and make sure mail.exe (or any other suspicious programs) are not present,
    and delete them if they are.
    If everything come up clean, then you should be fine changing your
    passwords. Remember to change ALL passwords as the keylogger has probably
    recorded them and sent them back to its evil operator.

    --
    Visit my computer security website
    http://computer-security.no-ip.info

    Richard, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Joe

    Robsten Guest

    Richard skrev:
    > "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >

    >>does anyone know if I'm going to be okay with my passwords etc if I
    >>deleted the mail.exe file before I typed in any passwords? apart from
    >>my windows password which I've already changed?
    >>

    > Scan all your hard drives with TDS-3 (www.diamondcs.com.au), Kaspersky AV
    > (www.kaspersky.com), Spybot (http://security.kolla.de/) and PestPatrol
    > (www.pestpartol.com). Then look at the startup registry and startup folder
    > and make sure mail.exe (or any other suspicious programs) are not present,
    > and delete them if they are.
    > If everything come up clean, then you should be fine changing your
    > passwords. Remember to change ALL passwords as the keylogger has probably
    > recorded them and sent them back to its evil operator.
    >
    > --
    > Visit my computer security website
    > http://computer-security.no-ip.info

    Antivir has spot all of my virus, 15-20. I have never been infeckted
    after a scan with Antivir so far, tuch wood. I have done onlinescans
    with F-secure, Norton, and McAffe after scans with Antivir, not a virus
    so far after a scan with Antivir.

    --
    Robban Stenkvist
    http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/