    TIA

    --
    'tis clean me thinks; Messr's Kaspersky & AVG sayeth such

    El Duderino, May 10, 2005

  2. El Duderino

    Frank S Guest

    "El Duderino" <> wrote in message
    news:VU6ge.8384$...
    > Hi all, I run Spybot, adaware and spysweeper (on top of the usual AV &
    > firewall) and they all come up clean. However, I thought I'd try a free
    > scan from Spyware Doctor...this came up with 2 keyloggers (infiniti &
    > systemus, I think they were called).
    > Who should I believe? Are S. Doctor just trying to get me to pay for
    > their product (you have to to clean what it finds)? Or should I believe
    > everything else and ignore it?
    > Running XP Pro.
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > 'tis clean me thinks; Messr's Kaspersky & AVG sayeth such

    Well, if the esteemed Kaspersky software - and as long as it is
    uptodate with all the definitions, then if that says you are clean
    then you probably are...........
    But Spybot and Spysweeper are NOT designed to locate remote
    access trojans, nor app's such as keylogger.
    I suggest you run "hi-jack this" to actually evaluate how vunerable
    your systen really is.
    Just type "hi-jack this" into google, and you will receive all the info
    you require on how to test the safety of your system online.

    Frank S, May 10, 2005

  3. El Duderino

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:17:25 GMT, El Duderino wrote:

    >Hi all, I run Spybot, adaware and spysweeper (on top of the usual AV &
    >firewall) and they all come up clean. However, I thought I'd try a free

    The usual AV & FW happen to be un-named products?

    >scan from Spyware Doctor...this came up with 2 keyloggers (infiniti &
    >systemus, I think they were called).

    Do spybot, etc say they detect those?

    >Who should I believe? Are S. Doctor just trying to get me to pay for their

    Try another product?

    >product (you have to to clean what it finds)? Or should I believe everything
    >else and ignore it?

    Do S.Doctor, have any manual removal notes?

    Same for Symantec, Mcafee , Sophos if they do you could compare the
    notes with your settings to see if your have a problem or not.

    >Running XP Pro.
    >TIA

    www.google.com

    Did you mean: keylogger system
    No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found.
    Your search - keylogger systemus - did not match any documents.

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 367 English pages for
    keylogger infiniti.

    Me

    why?, May 10, 2005
  4. El Duderino

    Guest Guest

    > Hi all, I run Spybot, adaware and spysweeper (on top of the usual AV &
    > firewall) and they all come up clean. However, I thought I'd try a
    > free scan from Spyware Doctor...this came up with 2 keyloggers
    > (infiniti & systemus, I think they were called).
    > Who should I believe? Are S. Doctor just trying to get me to pay for
    > their product (you have to to clean what it finds)? Or should I
    > believe everything else and ignore it?
    > Running XP Pro.

    Is it Spyware Doctor that you tried, or was it SpyDoctor? One of them
    is a rogue product; see
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm. I have gotten
    false positives from online anti-spyware scanners, like SpySweeper and
    PestScan. Go through their manual eradication procedure to see if you
    actually have any of the files or registry entries that they claim they
    trigger on when they detect a pest.

    If you want to try scanners that are better oriented at detecting
    trojans, you could try the trial versions of TDS-03, or Trojan Hunter,
    or both.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

    Guest, May 10, 2005
  5. El Duderino

    El Duderino Guest

    Thanks all, I am going to give Trojan Hunter a go and see what happens. It
    was Spyware Doctor I tried so it wasn't the dodgy one mentioned.
    Sorry, the usual AV's are Kaspersky & AVG and the firewall is Zonealarm.
    I shall update when I have tried TH.
    PS: I have Hijack this, but don't really understand the results too well..

    El Duderino, May 10, 2005
  6. El Duderino

    ellis_jay Guest

    El Duderino wrote:
    > Hi all, I run Spybot, adaware and spysweeper (on top of the usual AV &
    > firewall) and they all come up clean. However, I thought I'd try a
    > free scan from Spyware Doctor...this came up with 2 keyloggers
    > (infiniti & systemus, I think they were called).
    > Who should I believe? Are S. Doctor just trying to get me to pay for
    > their product (you have to to clean what it finds)? Or should I
    > believe everything else and ignore it?
    > Running XP Pro.
    > TIA

    WWW.spywareinfo.com

    use the free on line scanner on the left side of the screen

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 10, 2005
  7. El Duderino

    El Duderino Guest

    OK, update...TrojanHunter came back all clear. I think this 'Spyware
    Doctor' is either over-sensitive or is showing dodgy results to try and get
    you to buy it.
    Only problem...it is a 5-cow Tucows, 5 star download.com, recommended
    majorgeeks.com download....sounds pretty kosher to me..I dunno...

    El Duderino, May 10, 2005
  8. "El Duderino" <> wrote in message
    > OK, update...TrojanHunter came back all clear. I think this 'Spyware
    > Doctor' is either over-sensitive or is showing dodgy results to try and

    get
    > you to buy it.
    > Only problem...it is a 5-cow Tucows, 5 star download.com, recommended
    > majorgeeks.com download....sounds pretty kosher to me..I dunno...

    system doctor
    this reminds me
    this was talked about on a vew forums not long ago.
    lots of people downloaded it to test it out and they all came back with the
    same report as you have..
    it seems to always find things that the others do not find.. so we came to
    the conclusion that ether system docter is the goverments secret or that its
    giving faulse readings to get it to buy it....
    we all thought the latter..
    no spyware program finds them all but system doctor find them BEFORE they
    are within 200 miles of your comp
    its a con to get you to buy it
    and i personally do not trust a company that will con you into buying

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 10, 2005
  9. El Duderino

    Guest Guest

    > OK, update...TrojanHunter came back all clear. I think this 'Spyware
    > Doctor' is either over-sensitive or is showing dodgy results to try
    > and get you to buy it.
    > Only problem...it is a 5-cow Tucows, 5 star download.com, recommended
    > majorgeeks.com download....sounds pretty kosher to me..I dunno...

    As I mentioned, anti-spyware scanners, especially the freebie online
    ones, might produce false positives. I remember running SpySweeper's
    online scan and it said I had Bonz[a]Buddy which was based solely on
    detecting that I had a folder named "Finances" in my Favorites bookmarks
    in IE. Yeah, now there is a definitive trigger to identify a pest ...
    not! However, they provided manual eradication instructions which I
    could use to determine that the pest that they claimed I had wasn't
    really there (because nothing of what they described existed on my
    system).

    Doesn't Spyware Doctor (trial version, online version, or whatever you
    were using) include manual instructions to eradicate the pest they
    profess to have found? Or did they design it for boobs that treat
    anti-spyware like it is some fantastic magical and omniscient cure-all?
    If they claim to have found a pest, they need to qualify how they
    detected it and what they will do to eradicate it.

    Guest, May 11, 2005
  10. El Duderino

    Preesi Guest

    El Duderino wrote:
    > Thanks all, I am going to give Trojan Hunter a go and see what
    > happens. It was Spyware Doctor I tried so it wasn't the dodgy one
    > mentioned.
    > Sorry, the usual AV's are Kaspersky & AVG and the firewall is
    > Zonealarm.
    > I shall update when I have tried TH.
    > PS: I have Hijack this, but don't really understand the results too
    > well..

    I run Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper and Moosofts "The Cleaner"...
    I also run AOLs Spyware Protection, which ALWAYS finds Keyloggers etc.
    I let Spybot install Teatimer and The Cleaner install its two
    protectors.
    I also use Firefox.
    Im usually clean!
    Thanks Pennywise