    http://www.softinfinity.com/products/keylogger/ but i am still not
    sure.. how can this program be "completely invisible"? Is it really
    impossible to find it on the computer once it is installed?

    mannia, Aug 1, 2003

  2. mannia

    Paul - xxx Guest

    mannia tried to scribble ...

    > I am in such a situation that i need to know what the other person is
    > doing on my computer when i am at work. I've heard, there are some
    > programs that can do it and my friend gave me that adress:
    > http://www.softinfinity.com/products/keylogger/ but i am still not
    > sure.. how can this program be "completely invisible"? Is it really
    > impossible to find it on the computer once it is installed?

    Nothing on a computer is 'completely invisible'.

    If someone knows what they're looking for, and how to look for it, then it
    can be found. The app is meant to be 'invisible' to a casual user who
    probably won't be looking for 'hidden' files or rooting around just looking
    for 'oddments' .. ;)

    If someone has suspicions, or definitely knows that they are being
    'keylogged', then it's a relatively simple process to outwit the keylogger
    ... ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

    Paul - xxx, Aug 1, 2003

  3. mannia

    Hoser Guest

    (mannia) wrote in

    > I am in such a situation that i need to know what the other person is
    > doing on my computer when i am at work. I've heard, there are some
    > programs that can do it and my friend gave me that adress:
    > http://www.softinfinity.com/products/keylogger/ but i am still not
    > sure.. how can this program be "completely invisible"? Is it really
    > impossible to find it on the computer once it is installed?

    This site may help with available features:

    http://www.keylogger.org/

    Some freeware keyloggers and other monitoring utilities here.

    http://www.spyarsenal.com/download.html

    and this one has a pretty extensive list of software keyloggers:

    http://ccso-staff-nts.cso.uiuc.edu/skrasavi/Others/keyloggers.htm

    Some cool hardware keylogging units:

    http://www.passwordspy.com

    http://www.passwordspy.com/html/pricing.html

    http://www.keykatcher.com/

    http://www.keyghost.com/

    Hoser, Aug 1, 2003
  4. mannia

    Hoser Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in

    > mannia tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> I am in such a situation that i need to know what the other person is
    >> doing on my computer when i am at work. I've heard, there are some
    >> programs that can do it and my friend gave me that adress:
    >> http://www.softinfinity.com/products/keylogger/ but i am still not
    >> sure.. how can this program be "completely invisible"? Is it really
    >> impossible to find it on the computer once it is installed?

    > Nothing on a computer is 'completely invisible'.
    >
    > If someone knows what they're looking for, and how to look for it,
    > then it can be found. The app is meant to be 'invisible' to a casual
    > user who probably won't be looking for 'hidden' files or rooting
    > around just looking for 'oddments' .. ;)
    >
    > If someone has suspicions, or definitely knows that they are being
    > 'keylogged', then it's a relatively simple process to outwit the
    > keylogger .. ;)

    Other than identifying a hardware keylogger by sight, they work invisibly
    as no software is needed.
    And its quite unlikely anyone would stumble across a hardware one and think
    its anything other than a filter or adapter without knowing something about
    computer hardware, and we know how many people are well versed in computer
    hardware.
    Also some hardware keyloggers are completely hidden inside the keyboards,
    so they are completely invisible.

    Hoser, Aug 1, 2003
  5. mannia

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Hoser tried to scribble ...

    > "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in
    >
    >> mannia tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> I am in such a situation that i need to know what the other person
    >>> is doing on my computer when i am at work. I've heard, there are
    >>> some programs that can do it and my friend gave me that adress:
    >>> http://www.softinfinity.com/products/keylogger/ but i am still not
    >>> sure.. how can this program be "completely invisible"? Is it really
    >>> impossible to find it on the computer once it is installed?

    >> Nothing on a computer is 'completely invisible'.
    >>
    >> If someone knows what they're looking for, and how to look for it,
    >> then it can be found. The app is meant to be 'invisible' to a casual
    >> user who probably won't be looking for 'hidden' files or rooting
    >> around just looking for 'oddments' .. ;)
    >>
    >> If someone has suspicions, or definitely knows that they are being
    >> 'keylogged', then it's a relatively simple process to outwit the
    >> keylogger .. ;)
    >>

    > Other than identifying a hardware keylogger by sight, they work
    > invisibly as no software is needed.

    Read again .. the OP was asking about software keyloggers .. and a specific
    keylog application .. ;)

    > And its quite unlikely anyone would stumble across a hardware one and
    > think its anything other than a filter or adapter without knowing
    > something about computer hardware, and we know how many people are
    > well versed in computer hardware.

    Hence my sentence above "If someone knows what they're looking for, and how
    to look for it, then it can be found"

    > Also some hardware keyloggers are completely hidden inside the
    > keyboards, so they are completely invisible.

    Hence my sentence above "If someone knows what they're looking for, and how
    to look for it, then it can be found"

    You do make valid points, but in the context of this thread and the OP's
    original question which I answered, they are meaningless.

    ;)

    Paul - xxx, Aug 1, 2003