    much time my son uses the computer?

    I would appreciate your help.

    Greg

    Greg Barclay, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Greg Barclay

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, heracleum77
    @yahoo.ca says...
    > My teenaged son has quickly learned how to use a keylogger to defeat
    > password protection on software like Enuff PC. Is there any software
    > available that is immune to such spyware and allow me to control how
    > much time my son uses the computer?
    >
    > I would appreciate your help.

    BIOS password and only let him in when you enter the password. Once you
    want him off, if you turn the power off he can't get back in until you
    enter the password again.

    What type of internet connection do you have?

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    Leythos, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Greg Barclay

    Volker Birk Guest

    Greg Barclay <> wrote:
    > My teenaged son has quickly learned how to use a keylogger to defeat
    > password protection on software like Enuff PC. Is there any software
    > available that is immune to such spyware and allow me to control how
    > much time my son uses the computer?

    Yes. We call it "one-on-one interview".

    Do not try to solve social problems with technical means.

    VB.
    --
    X-Pie Software GmbH
    Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee

    Volker Birk, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Greg Barclay

    Twisted Guest

    On Friday 31 October 2003 01:47 am Volker Birk spake thusly unto the great
    unwashed masses gathered in alt.computer.security:

    > Greg Barclay <> wrote:
    >> My teenaged son has quickly learned how to use a keylogger to defeat
    >> password protection on software like Enuff PC. Is there any software
    >> available that is immune to such spyware and allow me to control how
    >> much time my son uses the computer?

    > Yes. We call it "one-on-one interview".
    >
    > Do not try to solve social problems with technical means.
    >
    > VB.

    Yup. Down south we call it whoopin' the lil' shit's ass!
    --
    Twisted
    Registered Linux user #323911. http://counter.li.org

    Twisted, Oct 31, 2003
  5. Greg Barclay

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Oct 31, 2003
  6. Greg Barclay

    Beoweolf Guest

    Giving up parental rights and guidance, for a technical solution changes it
    from you controlling what your son does to a "game". You set the password,
    he defeats it, you change it again , the defeats it. ....on and on. That's a
    game you will always lose, there are an endless number of solutions to
    problems

    Maybe an A** whoopin' is the answer, probably revoking privileges is better.
    Or the as one suggested, remove Admin rights. That has a lot of hidden
    benefits, 1. you will have to start paying some attention to the kid, get to
    know what he is interested in. 2. protect you from possible software piracy
    incidents. BY the way, what is it that you are afraid you kid is doing on
    line to be so paranoid in the first place?
    "Volker Birk" <> wrote in message
    > Greg Barclay <> wrote:
    > > My teenaged son has quickly learned how to use a keylogger to defeat
    > > password protection on software like Enuff PC. Is there any software
    > > available that is immune to such spyware and allow me to control how
    > > much time my son uses the computer?

    > Yes. We call it "one-on-one interview".
    >
    > Do not try to solve social problems with technical means.
    >
    > VB.
    > --
    > X-Pie Software GmbH
    > Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee
    > Phone +49-7524-996806 Fax +49-7524-996807
    > mailto: http://www.x-pie.de

    ---

    Beoweolf, Oct 31, 2003
  7. Greg Barclay

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:19:59 GMT, "Beoweolf"
    <> wrote:

    >Giving up parental rights and guidance, for a technical solution changes it
    >from you controlling what your son does to a "game". You set the password,
    >he defeats it, you change it again , the defeats it. ....on and on. That's a
    >game you will always lose, there are an endless number of solutions to
    >problems

    I played that game with the guy who took over the job of
    administering a system I ran, It became progressivly harder
    to ge into it until he died taking the admin password with
    him. It was then VERY hard to break in.

    Any machine you have physical access to can be compromised.
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Nov 1, 2003