    i am using xp pro and can't find a way to fix that
    any help is appreciated

    thank you
    old, Sep 24, 2005

  2. old

    Savvy 1 Guest

    "old" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi
    >
    > my keyboard is not working properly.'
    >
    > when i press capslock the search window opens. ctrl button mutes the
    > sound.
    > i am using xp pro and can't find a way to fix that
    > any help is appreciated
    >
    > thank you

    Unplug/replug to check for tight connection, check for physical damage to
    the connection wire, check for the dreaded yellow circle/exclamation point
    under the keyboard in the device manager, try unistalling/reiinstalling with
    new driver, check the keyboard icon in the control panel, head for Wal-Mart
    with a ten dollar bill in your pocket and buy a new one ;-)

    S1
    Savvy 1, Sep 24, 2005

  3. old

    Sweetwater Guest

    This can occur from a software conflict (two keyboard softwares installed?)
    If you have keyboard software installed, uninstall it, reboot, and see how
    the keyboard works with the default Microsoft drivers. (Keep in mind your
    keyboard multimedia functions may not function, but standard keys like Ctrl
    & CapsLock should function normally.)

    If it's a cordless keyboard, try taking out the batteries and typing on it
    for about 3 minutes to drain the capacitors. That will set it back to
    factory defaults. I can reproduce your issue if I knock my cordless keyboard
    off my desk.

    Sweetwater, Sep 24, 2005
  4. old

    Plato Guest

    old wrote:

    > my keyboard is not working properly.'
    >
    > when i press capslock the search window opens. ctrl button mutes the sound.
    > i am using xp pro and can't find a way to fix that
    > any help is appreciated

    Same thing happens when you tried a new keyboard?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Sep 25, 2005