keyboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by meerkat, Mar 25, 2007.

  1. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "jim" <> wrote in message
    news:2%uNh.32116$...
    > My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
    > using "Yahoo"
    > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
    > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
    > what is happening?
    > Jim

    Quickest test is to try another K/board.

    meerkat, Mar 25, 2007

  2. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "jim" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "jim" <> wrote in message
    >>> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
    >>> using "Yahoo"
    >>> However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
    >>> letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
    >>> what is happening?
    >>> Jim

    >> Quickest test is to try another K/board.
    >>

    > Already tried that, no go, also spoke with AOL, no go, spoke with DELL
    > more than once, no go
    > Thanks anyway
    > Any other ideas ? anyone please
    > Jim

    Could it be a corrupt font ?.
    Funny tho` that it should be `sometimes`.

    jim, Mar 25, 2007
  4. meerkat

    Guest

    On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "jim" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:2%uNh.32116$...> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
    > > using "Yahoo"
    > > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
    > > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
    > > what is happening?
    > > Jim

    > Quickest test is to try another K/board.

    could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
    something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
    possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
    uninstal aol then re instal it

    , Mar 25, 2007
  5. meerkat

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 07:43:09 -0700, stansfieldpeter wrote:

    > On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >> "jim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:2%uNh.32116$...> My friend has a problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
    >> > using "Yahoo"
    >> > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
    >> > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a clue
    >> > what is happening?
    >> > Jim

    >> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

    > could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
    > something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
    > possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
    > uninstal aol then re instal it

    Better check out your keyboard. Looks like all the caps and punctuation
    are missing. Don't think your spellchecker quite hacks it either.

    HTH and HAND

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2007
  6. meerkat

    jim Guest

    jim, Mar 25, 2007
  7. meerkat

    jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >> "jim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:2%uNh.32116$...> My friend has a
    >> problem, her keyboard works fine in "Word", also when
    >> > using "Yahoo"
    >> > However,sometimes when typing using AOL it sometimes types a different
    >> > letter than the one being typed, sounds weird i know, anyone have a
    >> > clue
    >> > what is happening?
    >> > Jim

    >> Quickest test is to try another K/board.

    > could it be america online thay spell diferent to us mabe she set
    > something so that is thinks she is using an american keyboard its
    > possible but dont ask me how to fix it only thing i can suggest is
    > uninstal aol then re instal it

    Trying a reinstall now Thanks
    Jim

    jim, Mar 25, 2007