    keyboard, one of which I have. The connections to the computer are
    different but have about the same number of contacts. Maybe the software is
    not compatible. Many thanks....

    Jeanne, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Jeanne

    Plato Guest

    Jeanne wrote:

    > I hate my NEC keyboard. Is there any way to replace it with an IBM
    > keyboard, one of which I have. The connections to the computer are
    > different but have about the same number of contacts. Maybe the software is
    > not compatible. Many thanks....

    Does your NEC keyboard have a small connector? ie a ps/2 conntector? If
    so, then just buy anonther one from any dept. store. Or just to to
    newegg.com

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Jeanne

    Jeanne Guest

    Plato.....

    I'm not sure what a ps/2 is; my NEC connector is a small round thing with
    about six contact pins and a big detent inside. The IBM plug is a flat,
    clear-plastic thing similar to a telephone connector but it has eight slide
    contacts.

    Thanks,
    Jeanne

    Jeanne, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Jeanne

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:52:58 +0000, Jeanne wrote:

    > Plato.....
    >
    > I'm not sure what a ps/2 is; my NEC connector is a small round thing
    > with about six contact pins and a big detent inside. The IBM plug is a
    > flat, clear-plastic thing similar to a telephone connector but it has
    > eight slide contacts.

    Your NEC connector is a PS2. Sounds like your IBM connector may be USB.
    Shut you computer off and unplug the NEC Keyboard and plug the IBM
    connector into an available USB port.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Feb 17, 2006
  5. Jeanne

    Cyrus® Guest

    Jeanne,
    NEC Keyboard has PS/2 plug and IBM keyboard has RJ45 Plug. (check this web
    sit if IBM plug look like these)
    http://www.vpi.us/catacc-plugs.html In that case you can not use your IBM
    keyboard with present Computer.
    You can buy new PS/2 keyboard from walmart,bestbuy, compusa .<< Hoping your
    PC is not Apple computer>>

    Cyrus®

    Cyrus®, Feb 17, 2006
  6. Jeanne

    Jeanne Guest

    Cyrus....

    I'm afraid you are right. Meaning the IBM keyboard will never be compatible
    with the Dell PC machine. I was afraid of that. Thanks...

    Jeanne, Feb 18, 2006