    Thanks for your help,

    Alan
    , Nov 14, 2006

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 14 Nov 2006 15:23:25 -0800, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am writing (with some difficulty, may I add) with regards to some
    >problems I am having on my laptop's keyboard.
    >
    >Oftentimes, when typing, I receive two spaces when I have only pressed
    >the spacebar once. Other times, I will press the spacebar multiple
    >times, but no space will appear. Additionally, the letter "w" will
    >sometimes spontaneously appear when typing. I do not have this problem
    >typing on my desktop computer, or on this laptop when using an external
    >keyboard connected via USB; the problem specifically lies with the
    >'internal' laptop keyboard. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
    >
    >I am using a Dell Inspiron 8000 running Microsoft Windows XP Home
    >Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, with an Intel Pentium III 848
    >MHz processor, and 512 MB of RAM.
    >
    >If you need more information, or if there is a group that this would be
    >better posted in, please let me know.
    >
    >Thanks for your help,

    Try cleaning the keyboard with a air sprayer can.

    What make / model is the laptop?
    Evan Platt, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Keme Guest

    skrev:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am writing (with some difficulty, may I add) with regards to some
    > problems I am having on my laptop's keyboard.
    >
    > Oftentimes, when typing, I receive two spaces when I have only pressed
    > the spacebar once. Other times, I will press the spacebar multiple
    > times, but no space will appear. Additionally, the letter "w" will
    > sometimes spontaneously appear when typing. I do not have this problem
    > typing on my desktop computer, or on this laptop when using an external
    > keyboard connected via USB; the problem specifically lies with the
    > 'internal' laptop keyboard. [...]

    A couple of likely causes:
    Common cause for standard size keys: Debris (dust or bread crumbs) under
    the keys.
    Common cause for "oversized" keys (space bar, enter key): Keys not
    properly seated (either the keycap is loose from the alignment frame or
    the rubber "spring" is misaligned)
    Common cause for old kbds.: Worn keyboard. (either overstreched membrane
    or worn conducting track)
    Keme, Nov 15, 2006