    The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above the
    number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined with
    short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish it? TIA,
    RobF, Jun 29, 2007

  2. "RobF" <r_fox24@co_x.net> wrote in news:MI8hi.26$:

    > The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above
    > the number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined
    > with short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish
    > it? TIA,

    Post a link to a screenshot. "Num Lock" key?

    --

    Anybody see that Paris Hilton <yawn> interview?

    http://tinyurl.com/2gryka

    If :

    Earth ever quits the rock group, will all they
    do is get on stage, fart and light matches?
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 29, 2007

  3. Bucky Breeder <> wrote in

    > "RobF" <r_fox24@co_x.net> wrote in news:MI8hi.26$:
    >
    >> The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above
    >> the number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined
    >> with short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish
    >> it? TIA,

    > Post a link to a screenshot. "Num Lock" key?

    Or "ScrLk" scroll lock key?

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 29, 2007
  4. RobF

    RobF Guest

    Thanks much, Bucky. It *was* the dratted scroll lock key that fixed it.
    Never used that key - accidental hit, I guess. I was used to squelching num
    lock and Caps lock led's, and so didn't think of exploring the top row of
    buttons, where scroll lock lives on my board.
    --
    RobF
    Address anti-spammed

    "Bucky Breeder" <> wrote in
    message news:Xns995E64CA8D5FDDRiVEBYESLY@216.151.153.34...

    RobF, Jun 29, 2007
  5. RobF

    Stanley Guest

    "RobF" <r_fox24@co_x.net> wrote in message
    > The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above
    > the number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined
    > with short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish it?
    > TIA,

    Scroll Lock
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_lock
    Stanley, Jun 29, 2007
  6. RobF

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-29, RobF <r_fox24@co_x.net> wrote:
    > The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above the
    > number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined with
    > short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish it? TIA,

    Any particular model of Memorex keyboard? Is there no mention of it in
    whatever documentation came with the keyboard?

    If it's a wireless keyboard of some sort, I'd guess that perhaps that LED
    is trying to tell you something about the wireless connection, or the state
    of the keyboard's battery.

    Keyboards usually have LEDs to indicate the state of the Caps lock and Num
    lock keys; it couldn't possibly be one of those, I suppose?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jun 29, 2007
  7. "RobF" <r_fox24@co_x.net> wrote in

    > Thanks much, Bucky. It *was* the dratted scroll lock key that fixed it.
    > Never used that key - accidental hit, I guess. I was used to squelching
    > num lock and Caps lock led's, and so didn't think of exploring the top
    > row of buttons, where scroll lock lives on my board.

    YVW!

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 29, 2007
  8. RobF

    RobF Guest

    Thanks, all. Scroll lock key !

    Rob

    RobF, Jun 29, 2007
  9. RobF

    Plato Guest

    RobF wrote:

    > The green LED is at far right upper corner of this Memorex board - above the
    > number key pad. Above the light is icon, small down arrow underlined with
    > short horizontal bar. What does it signify and how to extinguish it? TIA,

    On my MS Natural Keyboard, there is always a light on under #1, I dont
    care what it means, as the keyboard has always worked. There are also
    lights for "F" and "A", again, I dont recall what they are but so
    what...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 30, 2007