    want it to go to google.com when I hit the button, as I already have an
    active connection running using AT&T. What am I missing here? (HP PS2
    Keyboard (2K-3)) Thanks!

    Justin, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Justin

    Mike Easter Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > 1. AT&T is set as my default connection.
    > 2. control panel>keyboard>buttons>search is set to
    > a. Simple Web Page w/label
    > b. Display Label-Google
    > c.Address /uhttp://www.google.com
    >
    > When I press the corresponding shortrcut key on the keyboard, AOL
    > opens (I do have an account, but do not use for my connection) and
    > starts. I just want it to go to google.com when I hit the button, as
    > I already have an active connection running using AT&T. What am I
    > missing here? (HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-3)) Thanks!

    You didn't say if your browser was Internet Explorer IE, but since you
    are posting with OE, I'll assume that.

    I don't understand the question as you've posed it and I don't know
    about how that HP keyboard works about its shortcuts or what it looks
    like inside your HP keyboard inside the CP / keyboard icon, but....

    .... if I wanted to go to google when I started up Internet Explorer, I
    would make it my home page in a normal non-AOL Internet Explorer, and I
    would configure IE/ Connections/ and set 'Dial whenever a network
    connection is not present'

    Then, if you click open IE it will/should want to go to homepage google
    and 'normal' IE will/should use your ATT dialup connection as configured
    and dial if it needs to connect and not dial if it is already connected.

    One of the problems with having AOLware installed is how it wants to
    take over your sockets. It sounds to me like your browser is trying to
    be an AOL browser.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 1, 2004

  3. In article <vWdrd.8459$> Mike
    Easter <> wrote:

    >Justin wrote:
    >> 1. AT&T is set as my default connection.
    >> 2. control panel>keyboard>buttons>search is set to
    >> a. Simple Web Page w/label
    >> b. Display Label-Google
    >> c.Address /uhttp://www.google.com
    >>
    >> When I press the corresponding shortrcut key on the keyboard, AOL
    >> opens (I do have an account, but do not use for my connection) and
    >> starts. I just want it to go to google.com when I hit the button, as
    >> I already have an active connection running using AT&T. What am I
    >> missing here? (HP PS2 Keyboard (2K-3)) Thanks!

    >You didn't say if your browser was Internet Explorer IE, but since you
    >are posting with OE, I'll assume that.

    They are only pretending to be posting with oe. So?

    >I don't understand the question as you've posed it and I don't know
    >about how that HP keyboard works about its shortcuts or what it looks
    >like inside your HP keyboard inside the CP / keyboard icon, but....

    Are you angry you do not understand the question as they have posed it
    and you do not know about how that hp keyboard works about it is
    shortcuts or what it looks like inside their hp keyboard inside the
    cp keyboard icon?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "A bot it may be, but somebody set it up in the first place. They
    don't just wander around like viruses." -- Aetyr

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Now I'm even more confused.

    Justin, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Justin

    Justin Guest

    I use Firefox. I am trying to set the Search Shortcut Key on my Keyboard to
    go to google.com every time I hit it. It is not. It is opening the AOL
    software looking to make an Internet Connection first, not recognizing that
    there is already a connection present through my default AT&T connection. I
    believe I have the key set correctly through the control panel, but I can't
    figure how to make the system stop opening AOL every I press the keyboard
    shortcut key.

    Justin, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Justin

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    There is a program on your machine that controls the Hotkeys on the
    keyboard. Use that to change the key for the program/link/whatever that you
    want to use. This a 3rd party program. Not part of XP.

    Try HP website help.

    technical support -2004 Standard Keyboard PS/2
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...peId=329290&prodSeriesId=405291&lang=en&cc=us

    Support & Drivers
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    --