    the web and do quicken with it. His wife does play internet games like
    spades and such on it from the zone and yahoo and places like this.

    Has anyone ran into this before?
    Edd Rogers, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Edd Rogers

    chuckie® Guest

    Firstly, he should try another known good keyboard. This would determine
    that either the keyboard is at fault or that the driver is corrupt. That
    should be the first step as I see it...luck...

    "Edd Rogers" <> wrote in message
    > An old acquaintance of mine came up to me today and told me every time he
    > hit the shift key the number 1 was displayed on his screen, when he hit

    the
    > control key the number 2 was displayed. He has not changed anything or

    added
    > any programs to the computer. It just started doing this out of the clear
    > blue.
    >
    > I have never run into this oddity before, and I am not the brightest
    > computer guy in the world, so I thought I would put it to you

    knowledgeable
    > fellows who do know computers quite well. He is running a two year old
    > computer, I believe it is a HP, with XP home and does little more than

    surf

    chuckie®, Sep 30, 2006

  3. Edd Rogers

    richard Guest

    "Edd Rogers" <> wrote in message
    > An old acquaintance of mine came up to me today and told me every time he
    > hit the shift key the number 1 was displayed on his screen, when he hit
    > the control key the number 2 was displayed. He has not changed anything or
    > added any programs to the computer. It just started doing this out of the
    > clear blue.
    >
    > I have never run into this oddity before, and I am not the brightest
    > computer guy in the world, so I thought I would put it to you
    > knowledgeable fellows who do know computers quite well. He is running a
    > two year old computer, I believe it is a HP, with XP home and does little
    > more than surf the web and do quicken with it. His wife does play internet
    > games like spades and such on it from the zone and yahoo and places like
    > this.
    >
    > Has anyone ran into this before?

    Most likely a fried keyboard. Sometimes the circuit board develops a crack
    or even the wires come loose.
    If he uses another keyboard and it happens still, then their is a serious
    problem in the machine.
    richard, Sep 30, 2006
  4. Edd Rogers enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk-(ab)users with:

    > An old acquaintance of mine came up to me today and told me every time
    > he hit the shift key the number 1 was displayed on his screen, when he
    > hit the control key the number 2 was displayed. He has not changed
    > anything or added any programs to the computer. It just started doing
    > this out of the clear blue.
    >
    > I have never run into this oddity before, and I am not the brightest
    > computer guy in the world, so I thought I would put it to you
    > knowledgeable fellows who do know computers quite well. He is running
    > a two year old computer, I believe it is a HP, with XP home and does
    > little more than surf the web and do quicken with it. His wife does
    > play internet games like spades and such on it from the zone and yahoo
    > and places like this.

    A keylogger programmed with the hot needle?
    *I* would not do online banking or store bank details on that box, after
    surfing games (maybe one got "redirected") with all fences (java,
    javascirpt, acitvex) down and probably no other protection but a
    already expired norton ...
    Walter Mautner, Sep 30, 2006