    Messages:
    1
    I found this site thru Google when checking for a keyboard problem. It was an old thread that described the problem I am having, i.e. when I try to enter the @ symbol I get " and vice versa. I also just found that when I hit the back slash symbol I get # (but not viceversa, # symbol gives £. I can`t find a backslash symbol anywhere on the keyboard). The answer given in that 2004 post was to go into the regional settings and change them. I changed them from UK English to US English. This did nothing. Can someone suggest another approach? TIA

    maldonna, Sep 29, 2008

  2. maldonna

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Hi Tia,

    Two easy things to check:

    * I Had this happen once with a virus. Try running Trend Micro's Housecall (housecall.trendmicro.com)

    * Years ago on a TRS-80 Color Computer, I had a keyboard failure that caused an issue. Try replacing the keyboard.

    Good luck!
    --Mark

    MarkSatterfield, Oct 3, 2008

  3. maldonna

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Hi Tia,

    Two easy things to check:

    * I had this happen once on a Windows machine with a virus. Try running Trend Micro's Housecall (housecall.trendmicro.com)

    http://www.marksatterfield.com

    MarkSatterfield, Oct 3, 2008