    The keyboard works fine before XP starts.
    Thank you in advance
    RGH
    Rob Harlow, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Rob Harlow

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried a different/new keyboard?

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:50:52 GMT, in
    <>
    Rob Harlow scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Rob Harlow

    Rob Harlow Guest

    Yes I have tried 5 different keyboards, all which work on other systems
    RGH

    Rob Harlow, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Rob Harlow

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, if the keyboard is fine, and it (they) work before Windows
    is loaded, then it definitely sounds like a driver problem. Was
    the re-install a fresh one? Back up data and reformat/reinstall.

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:22:15 GMT, in
    <>
    Rob Harlow scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Rob Harlow

    NLWard Guest

    Hmmmm, could be the connector on the motherboard. Not the best probability,
    since it's working before you power XP up. Depending on whether you're using
    USB or PS/2 connector, try the other one. If you're trying USB, be sure to
    enable it for the keyboard in your bios.

    NLWard, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Rob Harlow

    Rob Harlow Guest

    my next step is a complete reinstall I guess, the reinstall I did was an over
    install.
    I have seen a bunch of people with the same problem while searching the net for
    solutions and no one has solved this one yet that I have found. I t seems that
    XP loses the ability to run the kb somehow yet says its working fine. I dont
    know?
    RGH

    Rob Harlow, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Rob Harlow

    PhilTechPowerPC

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Keyboard in xp

    Here's the deal, get to the spot where you need the keyboard whether it be your login or otherwise.

    Then unplug your mouse...... voila!
    Notice the ability to type?

    Choose a new usb port for your mouse,
    plug it in.
    /or plug back in ps2
    now it all works A-OK!, or its happening again? Then toss your mouse.

    Cheers
    PhilTech
    PhilTechPowerPC, Oct 7, 2008