    Thanks for any help.
    John

    John Chenis Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

    John Chenis, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Sound like a hardware problem. Try using the SHIFT key with other alpha keys
    to see if it responds. If not the keypad on you notebook is bad and need to
    be replace or serviced.

    Computer Doctor, Apr 5, 2004

  3. John Chenis

    fruitbat Guest

    "John Chenis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I have a Sony laptop model PCG-FX200. All the keys work except for shift

    a.
    > No A is displayed. I have to do a capslock to get an upper case a. Could
    > it be a software or hardware problem?

    Probably a fault in the keyboard.
    Buy a new one and don't spend hours stuffing around with your faulty one.

    fruitbat, Apr 7, 2004
  4. John Chenis

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "fruitbat" <> wrote in news:40736251$0$16578$5a62ac22
    @freenews.iinet.net.au:

    > Probably a fault in the keyboard.
    > Buy a new one and don't spend hours stuffing around with your faulty one.

    Buy a new one? It's a laptop, there is no "buy a new keyboard" for a
    laptop.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk