    What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    Sean
    Sean Cleary, May 22, 2008

  2. Sean Cleary

    Shadow36 Guest

    "Sean Cleary" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HI,
    > My keyboard port is failing.
    > Are there any mouse/keyboard replacement boards out there?
    > What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    > and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    > Sean

    Your keyboard port is hardwired on the board and can't be replaced. Do you
    have a usb port? If so, you can use a usb keyboard. If you don't have a usb
    port, you can buy an expansion card that goes into your pc that has usb
    ports.
    Shadow36, May 22, 2008

  3. Sean Cleary

    Mister Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:21:37 -0700 (PDT), Sean Cleary
    <> wrote:

    >HI,
    >My keyboard port is failing.
    >Are there any mouse/keyboard replacement boards out there?
    >What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    >and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    >Sean

    Purchase a wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. Or you can get the
    wired combo as well.
    Mister, May 29, 2008
  4. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    On May 28, 8:36 pm, Mister <not_a_chance@this_email.com> wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:21:37 -0700 (PDT),Sean Cleary
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >HI,
    > >My keyboard port is failing.
    > >Are there any mouse/keyboard replacement boards out there?
    > >What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    > >and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    > >Sean

    > Purchase a wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. Or you can get the
    > wired combo as well.

    The port finally died. I might get a wireless solution. The computer
    is old, uses win98, and might not boot up with new hardware. Well,
    thanks anyway. I had thought that I could simply stick the keyboard
    into the serial port. It did not recongize a serial keyboard either.

    Sean
    Sean Cleary, Jun 6, 2008
  5. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    On May 28, 8:36 pm, Mister <not_a_chance@this_email.com> wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:21:37 -0700 (PDT),Sean Cleary
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >HI,
    > >My keyboard port is failing.
    > >Are there any mouse/keyboard replacement boards out there?
    > >What are they called? I have googled for mouse keyboard card or board,
    > >and have not gotten anything suitable. Ditto at Fries online.
    > >Sean

    > Purchase a wireless USB keyboard and mouse combo. Or you can get the
    > wired combo as well.

    Also there are some usb to serial converters out there and usb to ps2
    converteres. none of which helped.

    Sean
    Sean Cleary, Jun 6, 2008