    i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista ultimate
    with all updates.

    can anyone tell me whats wrong

    Ali, Oct 7, 2009

  2. Ali

    XS11E Guest

    "Ali" <> wrote:

    > i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will
    > output the wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or
    > anything, it seems to be fine typing this out but every now and
    > again it will output the wrong key.
    >
    > i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
    > ultimate with all updates.
    >
    > can anyone tell me whats wrong

    Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 7, 2009

  3. Ali

    Ali Guest

    "XS11E" <> wrote in message
    > "Ali" <> wrote:
    >
    >> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will
    >> output the wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or
    >> anything, it seems to be fine typing this out but every now and
    >> again it will output the wrong key.
    >>
    >> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
    >> ultimate with all updates.
    >>
    >> can anyone tell me whats wrong

    > Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

    > The Usenet Improvement Project:
    > http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

    wired.

    Ali, Oct 7, 2009
  4. Ali wrote:
    > hi,
    > i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
    > wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
    > to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
    > wrong key.
    >
    > i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
    > ultimate with all updates.
    >
    > can anyone tell me whats wrong

    Buy a new keyboard. Dunno where you are, but out here a decent wired
    keyboard with good tactile feedback - logitech for example - can be had
    for a trivial amount.

    My experience with wireless keyboards was poor but your experience might
    differ. For sure a wired one connects much better and saves your local
    landfill 4 AAA batteries a year.

    Caulfield Man, Oct 7, 2009
  5. Ali

    XS11E Guest

    "Ali" <> wrote:

    > "XS11E" <> wrote in message

    >> Sounds like a bad keyboard, is it wireless or wired?

    > wired.

    You don't have a cat, do you? A friend's cat used to chew through the
    mouse and keyboard cables. He had to go to a wireless setup.

    In your case it really does sound like the keyboard is bad. They're
    pretty inexpensive these days, I usually pick them up at swap meets for
    a couple of bucks, you might try a replacement and see if it fixes the
    problem.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 7, 2009
  6. Ali

    XS11E Guest

    Caulfield Man <why@pleasephoneme> wrote:

    > For sure a wired one connects much better

    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the behavior of the cat, see my reply to
    the OP!

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Oct 7, 2009
  7. XS11E wrote:
    > Caulfield Man <why@pleasephoneme> wrote:
    >
    >> For sure a wired one connects much better

    > Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the behavior of the cat, see my reply to
    > the OP!

    Yep, I see your feline reference, it shouldn't be ruled out as a
    possible cause of the OP's keyboard issue.

    Caulfield Man, Oct 7, 2009
  8. Ali

    chuckcar Guest

    "Ali" <> wrote in news:_2Rym.4920$2:

    > hi,
    > i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
    > wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
    > to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
    > wrong key.
    >
    > i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
    > ultimate with all updates.
    >
    > can anyone tell me whats wrong

    Specifically what keys come out wrong? You might be set for the wrong
    country/keyboard type.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2009
  9. Ali

    Ali Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "Ali" <> wrote in news:_2Rym.4920$2:
    >
    >> hi,
    >> i'm havin a random problem when im typing on my keyboard will output the
    >> wrong key, i've not spilt anything on my keyboard or anything, it seems
    >> to be fine typing this out but every now and again it will output the
    >> wrong key.
    >>
    >> i cant even use chrome as it types rubbish. i'm using 64bit Vista
    >> ultimate with all updates.
    >>
    >> can anyone tell me whats wrong
    >>

    > Specifically what keys come out wrong? You might be set for the wrong
    > country/keyboard type.
    >

    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    the keys are spitting out different letters each time, for instance i can
    keep tapping the 'g' key and it will output a different alpha char each
    time.

    i did a reboot since and it seems fine so far.

    Ali, Oct 8, 2009