    PS- Now I have another computer, a PII-400 on an Abit BE6 that has the
    keyboard not working problem... How do one fix keyboard ps/2 port
    problem?

    Root, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Root

    Root Guest

    I must add that I have tried another brand new keyboard and new ps/2
    mouse. So the k/b and mouse are not the problems.

    Thanks

    Hung

    Root, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Root

    Win Guest

    "Root" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have an AMD XP1800+ computer on a Chaintech 7VJDA. It works for
    > a while, then the ps/2 mouse port stops working. Then I use a serial
    > mouse. Now, the keyboard is not responding to keystrokes.
    >
    > Can I just plug in an usb keyboard? I can't access the bios (since the
    > del key in the ps/2 keyboard is not working).
    >
    > Hung
    >

    > PS- Now I have another computer, a PII-400 on an Abit BE6 that has the
    > keyboard not working problem... How do one fix keyboard ps/2 port
    > problem?

    Bugger
    There is a small fuse behind the ps2 plugs
    may be blowen
    get tech to test it with multimeter
    if dead bridge the dead fuse so it will not happen again
    but all sounds new so through it at the people that sold it

    DO NOT UNPLUG KEYBOARD MOUSE WHILE PC IS IN
    USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Win, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Root

    Root Guest

    > Bugger
    > There is a small fuse behind the ps2 plugs
    > may be blowen
    > get tech to test it with multimeter
    > if dead bridge the dead fuse so it will not happen again
    > but all sounds new so through it at the people that sold it

    I can't see any small fuse ..

    Root, Feb 20, 2004