    I've got a wireless USB keyboard.

    TIA

    Paul

    pb, Jun 1, 2004

  2. pb

    °Mike° Guest

    http://davengrace.com/dave/programming/

    On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:52:03 -0400, in
    <>
    pb scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004

  3. pb

    pb Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > http://davengrace.com/dave/programming/

    Thanks, Mike. The instructions here got me started, but they
    don't seem to fully jive with those over on the MS site. I'll do
    some more digging.

    Paul

    pb, Jun 1, 2004
  4. pb

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004
  5. pb

    pb Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > You're welcome, and good luck.

    I found a utility that makes the Reg. changes, and though it's
    not fully tested for XP, for my simple changes it worked
    beautifully. It's called Scancode Mapper. BTW, its changes seem
    to align with the instructions on that Dave site rather than MS's
    own KB specs, as far as I can tell.

    Paul

    pb, Jun 3, 2004
  6. pb

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:28:59 -0400, in
    <>
    pb scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> You're welcome, and good luck.

    >I found a utility that makes the Reg. changes, and though it's
    >not fully tested for XP, for my simple changes it worked
    >beautifully. It's called Scancode Mapper.

    This?
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/input/w2kscan-map.mspx

    Or this?
    http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/#scancodeMapper

    I suspect something like the second, which is Win2K+

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 3, 2004
  7. pb

    pb Guest

    pb, Jun 3, 2004
  8. pb

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "pb" <> wrote in message
    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/#scancodeMapper

    > That's the one. Simple, exquisite.
    >
    > Paul

    Wow! You mean I can turn off the bloody F1 "help" key? Dang, that thing
    irritated me today...slamming out a major edit in Excel - had to hit F2 over
    and over and over...stinking F1 kept getting in the way <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 3, 2004
  9. pb

    pb Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > You mean I can turn off the bloody F1 "help" key?

    F1 is listed as an entry, so I would say yes. Be sure to read the
    program's instructions and caveats. I'm very happy with it.

    Paul

    pb, Jun 3, 2004