    or key board, keys to replace the mouse buttons, or functions?

    Thanks
    Larry

    larry, Sep 14, 2003

  2. larry

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:02:17 GMT, In this world we created "larry"
    <> wrote :

    >Greetings
    >
    >Some time ago, I noticed that some keyboard keys can replace mouse controls.
    >For example my number 8 key, on the number keypad, caused the cursor to go
    >up and the 2 key causes the cursor to go down, etc.
    >
    >I have noticed that for example the + key can do some functions related to a
    >mouse function but I seem to get into trouble using the + key.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a website that can instruct me on how I can use keypad,
    >or key board, keys to replace the mouse buttons, or functions?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Larry

    All mouse functions were copied from the keyboard not the other way
    round,
    click here,

    http://www.stoicjoker.com/ShortCutKeys.html

    Tab/Cursor/Alt/Enter keys will do most :)

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Sep 14, 2003

  3. larry

    Boomer Guest

    larry said:

    > Greetings
    >
    > Some time ago, I noticed that some keyboard keys can replace
    > mouse controls. For example my number 8 key, on the number
    > keypad, caused the cursor to go up and the 2 key causes the
    > cursor to go down, etc.
    >
    > I have noticed that for example the + key can do some functions
    > related to a mouse function but I seem to get into trouble using
    > the + key.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a website that can instruct me on how I can
    > use keypad, or key board, keys to replace the mouse buttons, or
    > functions?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Larry

    A quick Google for keyboard+mapping:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=keyboard+mapping

    Boomer, Sep 14, 2003
  4. larry

    Liz Guest

    "Shep©" <> wrote

    http://www.absolutecrap.com/j32.asp

    Liz, Sep 14, 2003
  5. larry

    Shep© Guest

    http://Totalwanker.com

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Howdy!

    "larry" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings
    >
    > Some time ago, I noticed that some keyboard keys can replace mouse

    controls.
    > For example my number 8 key, on the number keypad, caused the cursor to go
    > up and the 2 key causes the cursor to go down, etc.

    But only with caps lock off, right? That's almost a "D'oh!" there

    > I have noticed that for example the + key can do some functions related to

    > mouse function but I seem to get into trouble using the + key.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a website that can instruct me on how I can use

    keypad,
    > or key board, keys to replace the mouse buttons, or functions?

    Try first the Windows Help (see "Keyboard Shortcuts"), then look at
    the menus in the programs you use. Notice that underlined character? You
    can use Alt and that character to pop down the menus. There's also usually
    shortcut commands besides some of the menu entries.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 14, 2003
  7. larry

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:25:08 GMT, in
    <oHN8b.30572$>
    Liz scrawled:

    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/pirating.html

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2003
  8. larry

    larry Guest

    Thanks for the information.
    I may be dating my computer, pentium 100, but I can't find the 'Win' key.
    Larry

    larry, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Howdy!

    "larry" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the information.
    > I may be dating my computer, pentium 100, but I can't find the 'Win' key.
    > Larry

    Dating the keyboard, more likely.

    The "Win" key can be generated by an Alt-Esc for older keyboards.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 14, 2003